Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Ensign
# 1 Camera Won't Stop Scrolling
01-10-2014, 12:39 PM
When I log into the game, my characters on the login screen (but not their crews) will continually swivel 360? until I log in.

When I do log in, I find the the camera around my ship will continually swivel right and down. I can try to right the view, but it reverts as soon as I release the mouse.

I've tried a new mouse, restarting the PC, and I'm downloading the new driver for my graphics card right now.

Does anybody know anything about this?

EDIT: Upgrading the driver did nothing.

Last edited by transhuman74; 01-10-2014 at 01:02 PM.
Career Officer
# 2
01-10-2014, 01:31 PM
Could be your keyboard. If the key that you have set to move the camera gets stuck, it will do the rotating thing. Try another kb and see if that does anything.

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009
Ensign
# 3
01-10-2014, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lan451 View Post
Could be your keyboard. If the key that you have set to move the camera gets stuck, it will do the rotating thing. Try another kb and see if that does anything.
Unfortunately, I don't own any other USB keyboards, however, your idea still led me to the problem. Examining the setting revealed I had my Xbox controller enabled, it was sitting in a position with its joystick against the desk, moving it fixed the issue.

Thank you, I doubt I'd have thought of that if you hadn't given me the idea to look for keyboard settings.
Career Officer
# 4
01-11-2014, 05:31 AM
Ahhh, yep that would do it. I've actually done that myself lol. Glad you got it all fixed up though.

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009