Lt. Commander
Wow, some people get so into writing their biography. I really like just sitting at Earth dock and seeing what people have written. Some are simple little pointless blurbs, and others are whole life stories about love and loss.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 07:26 AM
I used to spend hours reading bios in City of Heroes. A lot of them were hilariously awful.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 07:47 AM
Ever notice though how soo many people happen to have had their parents or guardians murdered by [most notable villain] when they were children growing up on [most noticeable planet/city] where the experience drives them to join whatever secret or important group the good guys are currently in and somehow out of all the people in the galaxy they come under the wing of [obi won type character] to end up in the position to save the galaxy?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by .kash
Ever notice though how soo many people happen to have had their parents or guardians murdered by [most notable villain] when they were children growing up on [most noticeable planet/city] where the experience drives them to join whatever secret or important group the good guys are currently in and somehow out of all the people in the galaxy they come under the wing of [obi won type character] to end up in the position to save the galaxy?
LOL I just laugh when I see those. My character's parents are still alive (for my main). For my Borg character, it's not established. I haven't really played her yet, though. I might make another couple characters eventually. I try to make somewhat characters without too much deux ex machina. That seems to be popular for many comic book style characters.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2010, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by .kash
I believe it's called a Christ-Complex if I remember my Freud....

....Incidentally...how did you know my biography...like *exactly*? =D
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-03-2010, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by someGit View Post
I believe it's called a Christ-Complex if I remember my Freud....

....Incidentally...how did you know my biography...like *exactly*? =D
Hey dude, nice name ya got there.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-03-2010, 11:04 AM
My next characters Biography is going to be how they grew up on Correllia and smuggled by bothans to Yavin 4 to be raised by the force wielding ewoks only to have ttheir gaurdians slaughtered by the imperial storm troopers with a few bombs from the star destroyers and it is their life long mission to destroy the Klingon Empire or ressurect James T Kirk through the force to do their work for them.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-03-2010, 11:08 AM
I have a gripping Liberated Borg biography of how I was one of 245 Starfleet Academy cadets which were assimilated on a day trip to Vulcan . I do think I need to add more detail of the actual event.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-03-2010, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitaku View Post
I used to spend hours reading bios in City of Heroes. A lot of them were hilariously awful.
I can't remember the character, but the "deth kick" was always my favorite.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-03-2010, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapuys View Post
I have a gripping Liberated Borg biography of how I was one of 245 Starfleet Academy cadets which were assimilated on a day trip to Vulcan . I do think I need to add more detail of the actual event.
Lol, I love it. I wrote mine such that my character was a child aboard the Enterprise-E during first-contact, but wasn't fully assimilated when they regained control of the ship.