Lt. Commander
# 1 Gametap DDE download help!
02-02-2010, 08:24 AM
I preordered the game from Gametap and played in the head start. So now it is launch day, and I got a new email from Gametap with several download links for the game. I only received one retail key (for the preorder). Do I need to download and reinstall the game in order to get my preorder goodies? They are not showing up in game right now.

Thanks, any help is appreciated!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 08:40 AM
your pretty much good, all you would need to do is enter your retail code and its ready to go. No need to uninstall or reinstall.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 08:42 AM
There is some talk about the Gametap game to release codes around 10am PST/ 1pm EST. I just went to the site and I noticed that the game is still listed as pre-order.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 08:45 AM
Ok thanks, I'll sit tight until 1pm ! Hopefully, I'll get a retail code then!
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2010, 11:48 AM
I think I know what he means...i've been playing as well and have a key...but i think he wants to know where does one enter the key without re-installing?

EDIT

I think i got mine figured out...i went here:
http://www.startrekonline.com/activate
Then enter the retail key u got and go in game and check C-Store
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-02-2010, 03:50 PM
the problem is that gametap did NOT provide the retail keys. they only gave out the pre-order keys in their emails. some people didn't even get the preorder keys :-(
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-02-2010, 05:13 PM
i also got the gametap pre-order, and today they sent me d/l links but no retail key. i eamiled them but have gotten nothing but a generic reply email from them.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-02-2010, 11:31 PM
Wanted to let anyone know that is following this thread, that Gametap posted a reply on their forums. Below is the copy of that response.

Good evening everyone-

As the manager of GameTap's customer support team, I want to apologize to everybody who is attempting to contact us today regarding Star Trek Online. As I'm sure you can imagine, we've been absolutely buried in support requests and, because of the backlog, we have been unable to provide a timely response to everybody who has contacted us.

I want to assure everybody that the team here is very aware of the problem and is working towards a speedy resolution. Unfortunately, there's not much more detail I can provide right now, simply because I am not currently in possession of all the information myself. I will promise that I (or another employee) will post more information as soon as it is available. In the meantime, I thank you all for your patience.
Hope this helps some.