Career Officer
# 31
01-11-2014, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarodroto123 View Post
It may just be me, but was that new music I heard during the Azura mission?
Nope, the Campaign theme has always been there, if you're talking about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3D1BZVHzsg

Also maybe known as "SFC3"
Career Officer
# 32
01-11-2014, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedsnake001 View Post
Nope, the Campaign theme has always been there, if you're talking about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3D1BZVHzsg
Ah ok, sounds good anyways.
Captain
# 33
01-11-2014, 11:27 AM
Stranded in space :
-Using the NX replica (don't know if it's related), my ship was invisible during the first cutscene, showing the freighter under attack and 2 orions corvettes warping in to attack us.
-Still unable to save the crewmen when the player is not sci. Considering it's likely he/she have a sci BOFF during the mission (T'Vrell is given for free during the tutorial or when you skip it), it makes little sense not to ask her to provide help.
-Otherwise little change.

Optional objective, engineering.
The console was highlighted fine, but it was difficult to select it, I had to jump between the warp core and the console to be able to use it.

Diplomatic orders
-Unable to convince Savin to let Sokketh go with a newly created Vulcan.
-The added racial dialogs are nice.

Hide and seek
-Warning the station is nice, but the explosions comes immediately after the warning, and it make little sense anyone have the time to move or anything. Yet, shuttles leave. Maybe add a small timer, few seconds would do the trick.

Stop the signal
-There is an Undine in the end, which is part of a Klingon force. Yet, when he leave, it's an Undine ship waiting for him outside, and not a Klingon ship. Why ? Do the Undine really want to be seen and killed ?
-Same station than Hide and Seek, a small change would have been great.
Career Officer
# 34
01-11-2014, 12:28 PM
from what I played (Stranded in Space, City on the edge of never, and Past Imperfect) it was ok.

Stranded in space: didnt seem much different besides the new transporter room being added

City on the Edge of Never: I like the fact that new fed interiors were use...although I don't think the Origin Bridge is a good fit on the USS Kirk...I mean it being the starter bridge for starting players is fine since its on a miranda..but I just dont see it being the bridge of an Exter Class Cruiser.

Past Imperfect: like that we get to see Mr. Spock on the viewscreen now (I think thats new?)
other then i didnt see much else different

I think City on the Edge of Never and Past Imperfect need more improvement
Empire Veteran
# 35
01-11-2014, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raythilo2345 View Post
from what I played (Stranded in Space, City on the edge of never, and Past Imperfect) it was ok.

Stranded in space: didnt seem much different besides the new transporter room being added

City on the Edge of Never: I like the fact that new fed interiors were use...although I don't think the Origin Bridge is a good fit on the USS Kirk...I mean it being the starter bridge for starting players is fine since its on a miranda..but I just dont see it being the bridge of an Exter Class Cruiser.

Past Imperfect: like that we get to see Mr. Spock on the viewscreen now (I think thats new?)
other then i didnt see much else different

I think City on the Edge of Never and Past Imperfect need more improvement
Well for the most part, there's simply dialogue additions (instead of 'Continue' in most cases, now there's unique stuff), visual updates, and combat streamlining (previous 'defeat 5 patrols' is now 3 in some cases). Those seem insignificant, but they can make a big difference.

But of course, there are other touches.

For instance, I just played 'The Ultimate Klingon' - and aside from the newly-added branching bath on how to deal with Singh, we now save a scientist from a pressure chamber (like what Khan did to Kirk from 'Space Seed'), we actually slip and slide on the icy surface like in the Winter Wonderland, and there's an actual icon now for the 'magnetic concealment' bit upon planet approach.

Oh, and of course, the new smattering of career-specific objectives present this time around
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'.
Republic Veteran
# 36
01-11-2014, 01:56 PM
Bug:

Treasure Trading Station. You beam up to deal with the Klingon Ship and get the same dialog box that greets you at mission start. Close that, nothing triggers. You have to trigger the Ops button to get the RIGHT dialog and start the mission.

Other than that I'm liking what I see so far.
-------------
ISE ISE Ba-bee. "If you got the Borg yo... I'll solve 'em check out this shot while my torpedos dissolve 'em"
Rihannsu
# 37
01-11-2014, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by themarie View Post
Bug:

Treasure Trading Station. You beam up to deal with the Klingon Ship and get the same dialog box that greets you at mission start. Close that, nothing triggers. You have to trigger the Ops button to get the RIGHT dialog and start the mission.

Other than that I'm liking what I see so far.
There's a similar issue with Ultimate Klingon. I had to kill the named Klingon ship twice. It couldn't have been intentional since this was a non-traditional battle.

I shot holes in it to disable it, acquired data from it's memory banks, then it used ramming speed in a last ditch effort to kill me.

Then I beamed down and wiped out the Klingons and Gorn to rescue the guy, beamed up to my ship and did it all over again... I suspect that the ship shouldn't have been there the first time. It didn't make sense plot-wise.

Anyways other thoughts:
what's the failure condition for the optional in the research station? Do I have to save her before I kill the klingon?

Hatoria surface: why is the water black on the map?

researchlab: the three-way choice is interesting.... I used option 2. what's with the forcefield with a guy behind it?

change notes:
the added slippery ice to Hatoria ground is hilarious
more boff dialog, it's not great but it does add atmosphere

things that haven't changed:
my dismemberment per second rate when using melee against Klingons and Gorn.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 38
01-11-2014, 04:47 PM
Stranded in Space: I am nitpicking now but when I go to the Transporter Room of my ship, give the order to beam me and my team to the Azura, it happens that my Boffs stay on my ship and I have to restart the mission to make sure the Boffs stand on the Transporterplatform.

Maybe this can be somehow fixed with an automated animation to beam them even when they are not on the platform.
Career Officer
# 39
01-11-2014, 06:17 PM
It was mentioned just now on Defera, as once again we run into more bugs.

Why is Cryptic wasting time on content people no longer play, than fixing bugged content that players do play? Again, Defera. Full of bugs that been around for 3 years and never fixed, like the City and the Power Plant Hard missions.

So Devs, why isn't anyone fixing the bugged missions and wasting time on revamping old content? Just asking.
Career Officer
# 40
01-11-2014, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
So Devs, why isn't anyone fixing the bugged missions and wasting time on revamping old content? Just asking.
Because quality shouldn't be limited to endgame and because new players are still a thing that happens.