Lt. Commander
# 1 Private Message shortcut
02-02-2010, 07:50 AM
Is there a keyboard short cut for responding to private messages, such as /r in ********?

I'm finding it impossible to carry on conversations by having to type out /tell Friend@Friend each time I want to write back to someone I'm PMing with.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 08:55 AM
/signed Hopefully Cryptic will be tweaking the UI and give some "fleet" love after they get the servers stable (and take a few days off to rest)!
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 09:08 AM
Check your keybinds. "Reply to Tell" is bound to "backspace" as a default. You can change it to whatever you want. So responding to and talking in a "tell" conversation is easy. Just use your keybind.

A slash command , for example /r, or /L, or even /z would be great. Does anyone know if there is a slash for that?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 10:35 AM
I can't remember the exact /command for the reply but there's an easy enough way to find out:

/cmdlist should bring up a list of commands that you can /bind to keys manually.

/cmds <text> searches for text in the list of /commands. So /cmds reply should dig up anything that might be related to replying to message (though there might be shorter command aliases as well)

There's a /command for saving your keybindings to a text file. You could do that, then open the text file and find out exactly what the backspace button is bound to.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2010, 10:39 AM
Thanks, all!