Commander
# 1 STF formula is wrong....
01-29-2014, 09:39 AM
So, the other day i was in a really bad pug, and i was the top dog. I blew three transformers, and three cubes, and all the nanite things on three transpformers, and helped with both gates.

60 omega marks.

I know its supposed to be random, but thats pitiful.....Only reason i kicked taht much ass is the rest of the guys werent doing anything.....Either they were testing new ships or i got the all new player crowd on one pug. Either way, 60 omega marks was pretty low....

Should be something added to the 1st place on STF's.....
Career Officer
# 2
01-29-2014, 09:48 AM
No, thanks. STF players should be rewarded as a team. The last thing we need is a system which puts teammates in competition with one another.
You're right. The work here is very important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
Commander
# 3
01-29-2014, 09:56 AM
If thats the case, then everybody should get the same thing regardless of performance, right comrade?

There is precident for it, CE already awards for 1st place. No point in not awarding those who kill the most or dps the most etc in any event. And its impossible to work as a team if the rest of the team doesnt know what they are doing. Some members of teams are pointed out as stars, like Quarterbacks, running backs, etc, and that doesn't do any harm to the team.

So your point is, uh, pointless....
Captain
# 4
01-29-2014, 10:53 AM
No, your point is... uh... exploit-filled.

It would be easily abused and used in wrong ways.

On top of that, this will only further increase relianse/emphasis on DPS and ignore all other things like crowd controlling scis using TBRs or grav wells, or placating enemies while YOU get higher DPS with things like subnuc or sensor scan (again allowing YOU to do more damage). It negates any and all emphasis on teamwork and support. IMO you need more emphasis on teamwork/support and less on DPS.

Your omega marks are fixed. If you hit the optional you get 15 more. That's for everybody. Your dil reward is fixed, you all get the same. You all get 1 BNP. The ONLY extra bonus you get is one person in the match will receive an additional 10 BNPs and one (1? or is it 2?) person will receive an additional 5 BNPs. This is a purely random lottery, and not skill-based.
Commander
# 5
01-29-2014, 12:40 PM
No, you dont all get the same, some get far more than others. I have gotten as high as 130 before and low as 60. Everybody does not get the same amount of omega marks....
Captain
# 6
01-29-2014, 12:54 PM
Not sure which STFs you're playing, but you fight the borg and it's all standard. The only ones with varrying mark rewards are the Voth ones -- and this comes down to whether or nto you screwed up. The mission performance (NOT the player performance) will dictate how many marks you get. For example, screw around and let the voth troops totally dominate in Storming the Spire Elite, and you'll get WAY less marks.

ISE/CSE/KSE all give standard rewards. Since you were talking gates and cubes I assumed that's what you were referring to. Sounded like KSE to me. Elites give 60, plus 15 more if you hit optional. There's no way to get less than 60 if you succeed and kill donatra.

EDIT: P.S. You can get a bit more during mark bonus events (on calendar -- for now) which will bump that reward up to the 80-90 mark range. You won't ever get 130 marks from an STF.
Commander
# 7
01-29-2014, 01:59 PM
Thats not the case, I got 130 before in those same STF's. No, i dont have a screen shot, i can just tell you I got them, i didnt know i needed an alibi.
Career Officer
# 8
01-29-2014, 02:05 PM
I just want to say that I have gotten 110 Omega marks form an elite STF.

Sorry.. I don't know the abbreviations, but it was Conduit - Elite.

Yes, it was during the the bonus mark event.

But i have seen where I can get 60 from an elite, with failing the optional. But i know I have gotten 110 on more than one occasion. I don't remember doing anything special either. Just doing my part for the team.
-----------------------------------------
Enjoy and have fun!
It is a game.

Career Officer
# 9
01-29-2014, 04:55 PM
Yeah, the OP is right in that it's possible to randomly get bonus Omega Marks from an STF.

I still disagree with the proposal.
You're right. The work here is very important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
Captain
# 10
01-29-2014, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by comtedeloach2 View Post
If thats the case, then everybody should get the same thing regardless of performance, right comrade?

There is precident for it, CE already awards for 1st place. No point in not awarding those who kill the most or dps the most etc in any event. And its impossible to work as a team if the rest of the team doesnt know what they are doing. Some members of teams are pointed out as stars, like Quarterbacks, running backs, etc, and that doesn't do any harm to the team.

So your point is, uh, pointless....
Actually while CE does award a crappy item for taking 1st-3rd(?) place it rewards you with 480 extra dilithium if you don't, a better bonus reward.

Secondly getting a high score in most things in STO that reward based upon it actually has more to do with using things that overheal for more points even if you are borderline AFK for the entire event like CE. Auto Attack + Assimilated Procs = 1st place most of the time I hates to say.
Get yer Fleet Gear here!
Military 5 / Engineering 4 / Science 4
Starbase 5 / Embassy 3 / Mine 3 / Spire 3
Diplomacy 3 / Recruit 3 / Trade 3 / Development 3 / Research 3 / Operations 3
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post16435781