Captain
# 31
01-16-2014, 04:55 AM
I doubt we'll ever see it happen.

Just take a look at the more challenging content right now. Except for a few organized groups, no one seems to be playing them anymore. If you take a look at the queues and the group searches in the more popular channels (even the invite-only ones), it's always the easy, faceroll encounters, as opposed to the more difficult ones.

Nukara ground, hive, ground elite STFs, vault, no-win etc... seem to have been abandoned.

Since Cryptic isn't a company like Blizzard, who might have enough rescources to focus on creation of content for that top 5%, they'll probably just stick to creating "soft" content, easily and instantly doable by 95% of the player base without any frustration.
Career Officer
# 32
01-16-2014, 05:12 AM
Why not implement a monster class system like D3 has? I think that would be a very good way to do it.
Rihannsu
# 33
01-16-2014, 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraghul2000 View Post
If you take a look at the queues and the group searches in the more popular channels (even the invite-only ones), it's always the easy, faceroll encounters, as opposed to the more difficult ones.
Rewards drive participation, difficulty is only secondary. Fact is the reward structure in the queues is ridiculously skewed in favor of eSTFs. And since all of them have the same rewards, everyone might as well do only ISE. Hive doesn't even have accolades. Why would anyone bother with it when it gives you nothing you can't get out of a milk run through ISE?

Practically everything else in the PvE queues is just for accolade hunters or people who need specific rep marks.
Captain
# 34
01-16-2014, 06:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superballer View Post

The challenge is what end game is suppose to be all about, joining groups or fleets to make it happen. The items we have obtained since playing, have outgrown the missions we do. To all the cry babies out their that complain that everything is to hard, SHUT YO FACE!!! LOL, this is not a rant, just someone wanting a bit of challenge in this game, I want more than to just press space bar, 1, and 2.

RISA SQUADRON 4 LIFE
You've been horribly, misinformed. Endgame is about finding ways to keep people from leaving. Allowing the game to cheat doesn't accomplish that. It causes casual players, who are the only new people coming into this game to become discouraged and leave in droves. Some people don't want to join fleets, or groups. Although I'm in a fleet, I play solo. I deal with people all day long, the last thing I want to do is deal with people on my time. I think STFs should be made soloable and easier. If you find the game too easy, feel free to explore other options, it's your right as a player. We won't miss you, I promise.
This all happened... more, or less.
Career Officer
# 35
01-16-2014, 07:21 AM
Doublepost
Empire Veteran
# 36
01-16-2014, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraghul2000 View Post
I doubt we'll ever see it happen.

Just take a look at the more challenging content right now. Except for a few organized groups, no one seems to be playing them anymore. If you take a look at the queues and the group searches in the more popular channels (even the invite-only ones), it's always the easy, faceroll encounters, as opposed to the more difficult ones.

Nukara ground, hive, ground elite STFs, vault, no-win etc... seem to have been abandoned.

Since Cryptic isn't a company like Blizzard, who might have enough rescources to focus on creation of content for that top 5%, they'll probably just stick to creating "soft" content, easily and instantly doable by 95% of the player base without any frustration.
Nukara ground has been abandoned because CE and Nukara Prime have better reward:time ratio
Hive is actually popular in some channels since it gives the highest omega mark time ratio
Vault has a horrible mark:reward ratio so naturally no one wistes their time on that
No Win Scenario is very very popular and theres queues going on all day on the NWS channels due to NWS giving 2000 fleet marks / char / hour

As said before, what draws people to do pve isnt how challenging or fun it is, its the rewards
Free jkname
Career Officer
# 37
01-16-2014, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnkirk4 View Post
You've been horribly, misinformed. Endgame is about finding ways to keep people from leaving. Allowing the game to cheat doesn't accomplish that. It causes casual players, who are the only new people coming into this game to become discouraged and leave in droves. Some people don't want to join fleets, or groups. Although I'm in a fleet, I play solo. I deal with people all day long, the last thing I want to do is deal with people on my time. I think STFs should be made soloable and easier. If you find the game too easy, feel free to explore other options, it's your right as a player. We won't miss you, I promise.
That would work. Have a private instance of an STF scale based on number of participants. But to be fair to the PUGs you also scale the reward based on how many started the match.
I say started so that if people leave a PUG alert or STF those left behind are not penalized.
Ensign
# 38
01-23-2014, 11:22 AM
Well Capnkirk4 if you want to only be here for easy things then do the normal versions of the missions, you can get the same items either way. Elite should be for people that are actually good at the game unlike yourself, and as for you flying solo, why play an mmo when the point is there will be other people playing the game. It isn't that you have to deal with people, people probably don't want to deal with you, that is why you are solo.

Come near me and get trolled.
Career Officer
# 39
01-23-2014, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Well Capnkirk4 if you want to only be here for easy things then do the normal versions of the missions, you can get the same items either way. Elite should be for people that are actually good at the game unlike yourself, and as for you flying solo, why play an mmo when the point is there will be other people playing the game. It isn't that you have to deal with people, people probably don't want to deal with you, that is why you are solo.

As much as he and I argue on other threads. In this one I agree with him.

If you take a second player with you into a regular PVE mission the mission scales the number and quality of the opponents (most times) based on number involved and level.
Well do the reverse for the STFs including reward. If your game time is 2am my time you won't see me and the queues might be totally empty. Does this mean you should not be allowed to earn marks because of your work schedule or time zone? And sometimes you just want to blow stuff up because you are irked.
If the STFs got the rewards bumped. Right now on a regular stf (not elite) with optional. I get 20 marks. Divided by number of people present it is 4 marks Double the present rewards and people will return to the stfs. Make private instances capable of holding 1-5 people and scale the number of enemies accordingly along with the rewards. Incentive to group, but you don't have to in a game that till end game never required grouping.
Captain
# 40
01-23-2014, 03:14 PM
Quote:

Girl, don't go away mad, girl, just go away.

Run away people who play on normal, or Superballbag will use his OZUM SKILZ on you!
This all happened... more, or less.