Lt. Commander
At Lt. Commander Lieutenant Grall only offer 1st order exploration points, which are useles to me at my rank. As you complete exploration mission do they increase to 2nd and 3rd order? How do you get the acievement medals to buy equipment from the star bases? Wish I could remember what starbase had them, I think it was in the Pi Canis sector block via a fleet action.

Has anyone located the Ferengi homeworld yet, the system, or even the sector? I want to spend some time exploring that area. I hope I can find some unscrupulous Ferengi traders selling all manner of high level equipment for energy credits.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 07:59 AM
At Lt Cmdr level 12, you'll get other exploration missions for 2nd order. Not sure when 3rd kicks in, but I'd imagine it's in the Cmdr rank. Sad thing is, as many 1st and 2nd order badges as I have, all the things I could buy with the points pale in comparison to the stuff I've gotten as random drops. Doesn't really hold much of an incentive for me anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDSTOVER View Post
At Lt Cmdr level 12, you'll get other exploration missions for 2nd order. Not sure when 3rd kicks in, but I'd imagine it's in the Cmdr rank. Sad thing is, as many 1st and 2nd order badges as I have, all the things I could buy with the points pale in comparison to the stuff I've gotten as random drops. Doesn't really hold much of an incentive for me anymore.
I know what you mean about the loot drops and mission rewards. They are great. The thing is that Admiral Quinn doesn't seem to offer those sensational rewards with massive skill points anymorel. Maybe I've exhausted all the missions. I keep getting referred to Akira Sulu and Lt. Grall. I hope this is not the limit of their in depth missions.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 08:21 AM
the ferengi homeworld is on the other side of Sol, in the area next to the federation space thats above the cardassian areas, about half the space of the federation isnt in the game yet. so the ferengi homeworld isnt in yet, as its on the border to this area.

exploration badges, 1st order can be got from the delta volanis cluster (level 4 required, located off of sirius sector) and the arucanis arm (about level 8, off regulas sector), the vendors who sell items for these badges are located in the ship requisition room above the shipyard in Sol base. 1st order can be used to buy MkI and MkII weapons and items, weapons are "green" items and come with the same DPS but additional benefits (most beams and turrets come with an ability that has a chance to turn off one of the four subsystems for a few seconds) as well as items like shields and engines of the same "green" quality with additional benefits.

2nd order comes from the Hromi cluster (level 12 or Lt Cmdr2, off Pi Canis sector) and the Khazan cluster (level 16 off of alpha centuri sector) and can be used in the same manner in the same place, but the selection of items increases (quantum torpedoes and plasma weapons begin showing in this bracket)

i believe the 3rd order kicks in at level 20.

there are also badges gained for PvP, i think the vendors for those items are in the K7 base in Eta Eridani sector. (not a big PvP player..)

anything else i can help with?
Lt. Commander
# 5 Reobtaining the quest?
02-02-2010, 09:41 PM
Once you've completed the mission how do you get it back again is there an interval of some sorts? Cause Yesterday i wanted to the Delta Volanis cluster but when I completed it, the mission was not re offered. But today they asked me to do it again, so I was wondering if there's an interval?
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-02-2010, 09:45 PM
I have found these medals to be worthless, as you can never get enough of them to spend on anything other than outdated equipment.

The time you spend doing enough missions to "pimp" your ship will certainly level you up, and then you'll be moving on to the next tier to start it all over again.

Pointless.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-02-2010, 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by peekaboo24 View Post
Once you've completed the mission how do you get it back again is there an interval of some sorts? Cause Yesterday i wanted to the Delta Volanis cluster but when I completed it, the mission was not re offered. But today they asked me to do it again, so I was wondering if there's an interval?
30 minutes I believe.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-02-2010, 11:40 PM
They need some sort of conversion method
like maybe 100, 1st order badges = 1, 2nd order and 100 2nd order = 1 3rd order and so on.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-04-2010, 02:17 AM
[quote=Shingi]

2nd order comes from the Hromi cluster (level 12 or Lt Cmdr2, off Pi Canis sector) and the Khazan cluster (level 16 off of alpha centuri sector) and can be used in the same manner in the same place, but the selection of items increases (quantum torpedoes and plasma weapons begin showing in this bracket)

QUOTE]

Where do we go to find the officer or to unlock missions for the second tier?
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-04-2010, 02:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleRomulus View Post
I have found these medals to be worthless, as you can never get enough of them to spend on anything other than outdated equipment.

The time you spend doing enough missions to "pimp" your ship will certainly level you up, and then you'll be moving on to the next tier to start it all over again.

Pointless.
Well the good side is..the badge vendors have the even MK stuff like MK IV or MK VI which you cannot buy at normal vendors....sure if you got drops this means nothing...but if youre not lucky....here you have them