Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 No Joined Trill race
02-02-2010, 07:59 AM
I preordered awhile ago, redeemed my key. Played in Beta and in headstart. Its launch day now and I still dont see a Joined Trill among my race choices. Please tell me what to do to rectify this. Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 08:03 AM
pre order keys are not the same as beta headstart keys.. the preorder key comes in your box or should be sent later today for digital purchases. After you get that key and put them in then you should be able to use joined-trill
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 08:05 AM
If you received your beta key from the retailer, then that IS the preorder key.

You do not get your special items until you enter your retail key (will be provided today or in box) on the same account that you entered your pre-order key .

This is explained in several posts and in the offical FAQ.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylr616 View Post

This is explained in several posts and in the offical FAQ.
Its still not very clear, as evidenced by the masses of people asking where their stuff is. I checked my email and saw no other keys so I was asking.
Lt. Commander
# 5 order from atari
02-02-2010, 08:16 AM
so just to make this clear. i ordered from atari and i looked on my reciept and saw a serial key.. i entered it and it said baicly this key does not match any kown games..

is atari sending the new keys out?
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-02-2010, 08:25 AM
I see now on the D2D website where i preordered from , that the "retail keys" are sent out today at 10am PST.

Cryptic really should put a sticky up explaining that there are TWO distinct keys for this whole process and they are easily confusable. One is pre-order, one is retail. Yes, in hindsight this information is said elsewhere on the forum but its still not super clear.

First Key is the "headstart/beta key" and is sent so you can play in Beta and Headstart.

Second Key is the "retail key" and is sent today at various times and is required to enable the pre-ordered items.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-02-2010, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadleo View Post
Its still not very clear, as evidenced by the masses of people asking where their stuff is. I checked my email and saw no other keys so I was asking.
The Pre-Order FAQ is pretty clear (read it at http://www.startrekonline.com/preorder-faq). I wouldn't judge how clear information is by how many silly posts we get on the forums (not that your is especially silly, just sayin).

Quote:
Q: Will I receive my retailer exclusives during the Head Start?
A: No. The exclusives are tied to the retail product, not to the preorder key. In other words, you’ll need to purchase the full version of the game and input that key.
Quote:
Q: How do I get my items?
A: After you’ve entered your retail keys(s) and create a character, you’ll enter your first map and immediately see a pop up screen. This will notify you of the item(s) available for you in our C-Store, online microtransaction store. You’ll be able to collect these items for free at any time and they’ll be applied to that particular character.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-02-2010, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylr616 View Post
The Pre-Order FAQ is pretty clear (read it at http://www.startrekonline.com/preorder-faq). I wouldn't judge how clear information is by how many silly posts we get on the forums (not that your is especially silly, just sayin).
That is not nearly as clear as it could be. If it was, there would be a lot less people asking what was up.

There will be two keys. One will let you play in beta/headstart and you get that one when you pre-order, one you will get later on the release date by either email or it will be inside your physical box and will let you enable your special items.

Not hard.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-02-2010, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadleo View Post
I see now on the D2D website where i preordered from , that the "retail keys" are sent out today at 10am PST.

Cryptic really should put a sticky up explaining that there are TWO distinct keys for this whole process and they are easily confusable. One is pre-order, one is retail. Yes, in hindsight this information is said elsewhere on the forum but its still not super clear.

First Key is the "headstart/beta key" and is sent so you can play in Beta and Headstart.

Second Key is the "retail key" and is sent today at various times and is required to enable the pre-ordered items.
Again... they already have a whole post that explains it which has been up for weeks (see my previous post in this thread).

I do agree that they should probably re-post the link to the main page... since its especially relevant today.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-02-2010, 08:33 AM
Your unwaveringly contrary position on this belies your inability to remove your nose from Cryptics brown eye.

It wasnt explained very well.

It wasnt presented very well once they realized they didnt explain it very well.

Period.

Cryptic: Make a sticky. not hard.