Lt. Commander
# 1 Keeping a Group together.
02-02-2010, 08:05 AM
I understand having a cap on the number of players in an instance, I realize why it is done and appreciate it.

I do not understand why a group of 5 players leaving a mission get flung to the (solar) winds and end up in different instances when they exit.

The problem crops up for groups on away missions, entering fleet actions, visiting the bridge, and exiting to sector space.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 03:36 PM
I wanted to comment on this same issue. I hate playing with my friends and when we go somewhere, we sometimes get split up into different instances. If characters are in a team, please make so that the team stays on the same instance.

Also noticed that sometimes, they don't show up in the instance list when we get separated until we decide to go somewhere specific and then we can switch instances. It is really just an annoyance. Please fix this. Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-04-2010, 03:24 AM
yep this is still a major issue in our fleet as well...

we cannot seem to keep a group together, and end up spending 15 mins just to land in the same instance.. and then god forbid should anyone be disconnected..

if there are not instances with room for the team, please have the game create a new one to put that team in... perhaps even make it so that if a team of 4+ warps in, make the instance locked for them only...
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2010, 03:39 AM
In Open Beta I think it was possible to set up a group, and there was an option that had to be selected, but that option kept the group together in their own instances.

Maybe the latest release patch changed that...I have not grouped up with anyone yet for instance-chaining, but I do think it is possible.