Lt. Commander
Pre-ordering the Deluxe Digital Download was promised to provide the following unique item:

Unique Ship Item: Automated Defense Battery. This Tactical Module grants any ship a passive 360 arc attack power with a short range. (Quoted from actual Gamestop website page where you can purchase the Digital Download)

Instead, the actual in-game item is this:

Automated Defense Turret: +45 plasma damage.

THIS IS WRONG. I was looking forward to my item I was promised, and instead I was giving an item that is basically worthless.

I want my money back.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 09:20 AM
Solution:

Don't buy from Gamestop.

EDIT: The defense battery is exactly what they advertised.... it's a short-range, 360 degree arc turret that does 45 plasma damage. Nothing to see here, move along.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorphius
Don't buy from Gamestop.
You mean, the guy has to go back in time and cancel the order ?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delazure View Post
You mean, the guy has to go back in time and cancel the order ?
spock did it
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2010, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardwyre View Post
Pre-ordering the Deluxe Digital Download was promised to provide the following unique item:

Unique Ship Item: Automated Defense Battery. This Tactical Module grants any ship a passive 360 arc attack power with a short range. (Quoted from actual Gamestop website page where you can purchase the Digital Download)

THIS IS WRONG. I was looking forward to my item I was promised, and instead I was giving an item that is basically worthless.

I want my money back.
I'm a little confused. You got some sort of + plasma damage enhancer instead of your turret?
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-02-2010, 09:27 AM
Send an E-mail to cryptic. And double check the website here, and make sure that the official STO website isn't incorrect about the bonus item.

If gamestop truly did screw up, E-mail them, telling them that you want your money back, since you did not receive the promised product.

If they refuse, tell them you will contact your CC company, and do a charge back due to no receiving the product(s) you were promised. If they still don't back down, Call your CC company, and do a damn charge back.

Letting us know about GameStop screwing up is fine. But crying on the forums won't fix anything. Send E-mails and make phone calls.

I didn't order the DDD version, So I have no idea what the bonuses are. I don't know if Gamestop really did mess up or not. Just saying, if they did...Fix it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-02-2010, 09:28 AM
Yep that would be a automated defense battery. Plasma turret, sorry no sale here.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-02-2010, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardwyre View Post

I want my money back.
What's wrong with this?
The term "360 arc" does not mean it does 360 points of damage, it means it can shoot in any direction. *sigh*

Just because you misunderstood what you were getting doesn't make it Cryptic's fault...
Lt. Commander
# 9
Umm that is what all DDEs are supposed to get not just Gamestop. So if its not a turret I'm sorry to say this would most likely be an issue with Cryptic and not Gamestop. /bug it and hope its just an error.

Anyone else use there DDE code and got there Turret yet?
Lt. Commander
# 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZexMarquies
Send an E-mail to cryptic. And double check the website here, and make sure that the official STO website isn't incorrect about the bonus item.

If gamestop truly did screw up, E-mail them, telling them that you want your money back, since you did not receive the promised product.

If they refuse, tell them you will contact your CC company, and do a charge back due to no receiving the product(s) you were promised. If they still don't back down, Call your CC company, and do a damn charge back.

Letting us know about GameStop screwing up is fine. But crying on the forums won't fix anything. Send E-mails and make phone calls.

I didn't order the DDD version, So I have no idea what the bonuses are. I don't know if Gamestop really did mess up or not. Just saying, if they did...Fix it.
Oh but he did receive the promised product. A turret. They just failed to tell him it was a dime a dozen common item.