Lt. Commander
# 11
02-02-2010, 08:29 AM
This happened to a lot of people. Cryptic has all pre-order bonuses tied to the registration codes, which they supplied to the retailers... this is entirely Cryptic's screwup. Quite simply, they mixed up a crapload of registration keys and gave them to the wrong retailer.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-02-2010, 08:30 AM
That is what you were supposed to get... as a Turret, it has a 360 degree firing arc, and as far as I know, it's passive, so it fires on its own when something is within it's range. I believe it's mostly for shooting down enemy heavy torpedoes before they hit you so you don't have to switch from your main target to the torpedoes to avoid fiery death and destruction.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-02-2010, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lothic View Post
What's wrong with this? The term "360 arc" does not mean it does 360 points of damage, it means it can shoot in any direction. *sigh*

Just because you misunderstood what you were getting doesn't make it Cryptic's fault...
Hes issue is it is not a turret at all but something that just upgrade plasma damage.

Or maybe im reading his post wrong but +45 would make it seem as a buff to damage not the damage it self.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-02-2010, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorphius
Solution:

Don't buy from Gamestop.
Has nothing to do with gamestop, even the pre order specials page lists it as a 360 degree weapons battery, guess d2d DDE will be the same too
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-02-2010, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubalcain
Oh but he did receive the promised product. A turret. They just failed to tell him it was a dime a dozen common item.
That's Why I made that last statement at the bottom of my post. I didn't want to end up getting flamed, because he was wrong about the item.

But if it really was his own fault...HAHAHA. Research man, Research. The #1 thing most consumers DON'T do before buying a product. That's why most people get scammed, and screwed over. Learn to read, Learn about the product before you buy it, and then make a decision.

I feel no sympathy for those that fail to understand what they are buying. 100% their fault ( in most cases )
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-02-2010, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechaBunneh
Hes issue is it is not a turret at all but something that just upgrade plasma damage.

Or maybe im reading his post wrong but +45 would make it seem as a buff to damage at the damage it self.
It sounded like he was upset it didn't do lots of damage to me. *shrugs*
This item is just a Star Trek equivalent of a Phalanx gun. It's not meant to be a super weapon...
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-02-2010, 08:37 AM
I've got the same item and it does autofire at things within about 3-4 km. It takes up the tac slot, which kinda sucks, but hey, more dmg is better dmg right? especially as a cruiser, thing turns like a boat.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-02-2010, 08:38 AM
OP, please help us understand.

Did you receive an item that gives you +45 plasma damage, or did you get a plasma turret? Which is an item that goes into a weapon slot on your ship and has a firing arc of 360 degrees

Edit: Nevermind, the above poster informed us.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-02-2010, 08:40 AM
i've honestly only skimmed this but this wouldn't be gamestops fault possibly they didn't control what keys were sent, nor what boxes were sent to them because on the outside most look the same.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-02-2010, 08:41 AM
I was a little confused on the naming, but this is basically what was originally described its just the tooltip is totally misleading.

It goes into a Tactical Console Slot, and once equipped gives you a 360 Degree short range (seems about half normal maybe less) automatic attack which does Plasma Damage.

Pretty useful, ive already had it shoot at Heavy Torpedo's ive missed !