Lt. Commander
# 21
02-02-2010, 08:45 AM
That is exactly what was promised, I dont know what the OP is so upset about.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-02-2010, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardwyre View Post
Unique Ship Item: Automated Defense Battery. This Tactical Module grants any ship a passive 360 arc attack power with a short range.
Ship item you can't get anywhere that equips to your tactical slot, instead of a weapon slot, which attacks on its own. in a 360 arc.

Quote:
Instead, the actual in-game item is this:

Automated Defense Turret: +45 plasma damage.
Automated Defense Turret is different from a regular turret, it equips to your tactical slot.

+45 plasma damage means it does, by itself, 45 plasma damage.

as a turret it attacks a full 360 degrees.

You also cannot find Automated Defense Turrets anywhere.

These items are the exact same.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-02-2010, 08:52 AM
Sounds even better then I thought it would be here. Lets see a weapon that auto fires (great for shooting those plasma torps) and it goes into a tact slot not a weapon slot . . . wow just wow
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-02-2010, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Pre-ordering the Deluxe Digital Download was promised to provide the following unique item:

Unique Ship Item: Automated Defense Battery. This Tactical Module grants any ship a passive 360 arc attack power with a short range. (Quoted from actual Gamestop website page where you can purchase the Digital Download)

THIS IS WRONG. I was looking forward to my item I was promised, and instead I was giving an item that is basically worthless.

I want my money back.

They gave exactly what they said they would give you, a Tactical Module.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-02-2010, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delazure View Post
You mean, the guy has to go back in time and cancel the order ?
He cant. Flux capaciters aren't in the C store yet
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-02-2010, 09:18 AM
I don't see it being advertised at a tactical module at D2D, but still. It appears to fulfill the function that the retailers/D2D indicated it would.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-02-2010, 09:21 AM
i bet he doesnt respond any more
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-02-2010, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Pre-ordering the Deluxe Digital Download was promised to provide the following unique item:

Unique Ship Item: Automated Defense Battery. This Tactical Module grants any ship a passive 360 arc attack power with a short range. (Quoted from actual Gamestop website page where you can purchase the Digital Download)

THIS IS WRONG. I was looking forward to my item I was promised, and instead I was giving an item that is basically worthless.

I want my money back.
Before you post, you really should test the item out to see what it does. It is NOT wrong it is a Tactical Module that goes in the tactical slot which does shoot at 360 degrees 1 blast every 3 or so seconds when someone is in range so it is as they said it is. The +45 plasma damage is an additional bonus. This item is really good and exactly as they said.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-02-2010, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaosyr View Post
I've got the same item and it does autofire at things within about 3-4 km. It takes up the tac slot, which kinda sucks, but hey, more dmg is better dmg right? especially as a cruiser, thing turns like a boat.
That sound about right. I was thinking it would be good for them pesky fighters or mines.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-02-2010, 09:34 AM
Yep..."as advertised". Personally, I can't wait to get that puppy slotted up...