Lt. Commander
# 61
02-03-2010, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechaBunneh
Hes issue is it is not a turret at all but something that just upgrade plasma damage.

Or maybe im reading his post wrong but +45 would make it seem as a buff to damage not the damage it self.
As others have pointed about this is working exactly like it was described. When ships get close to you there is an additional amount of Plasma Damage done to them. You don't have to have any plasma weapons installed. Check your combat logs to confirm.
Lt. Commander
# 62
02-03-2010, 07:18 AM
I have it installed and this item is acting exactly as advertised.

1) while fighting Undine it was killing their Heavy Plasma Torps before they reached my ship.

2) While fighting Orions it would target and fire on the closest fighters allowing me to concentrate on the bigger ships.

Its a Point Defense Weapon and it works VERY well.
Lt. Commander
# 63
02-03-2010, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almost_Invincible

1) while fighting Undine it was killing their Heavy Plasma Torps before they reached my ship.

2) While fighting Orions it would target and fire on the closest fighters allowing me to concentrate on the bigger ships.

Yep, OP is as dumb as a brick. Everything that is advertised is exactly what you get, although it's worded differently.
Lt. Commander
# 64
02-03-2010, 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineDog View Post
Yep, OP is as dumb as a brick. Everything that is advertised is exactly what you get, although it's worded differently.
There is no real reason to attack someone just because they don't understand how it works. I would suggest that the OP should ask questions first before assuming something is either broken or worse fradulent, but there isn't any reason for personal attacks.
Lt. Commander
# 65
02-03-2010, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almost_Invincible

LOL

I was not sure what it did but I equipped it anyway.

Here I was thinking they broke the game or something at launch as things were vanishing after I installed this device on my ship. I was like "wow I could have sworn there were a bunch of fighter annoying me where did they go?" and "Humm why did that plasma torp vanish, oh well open fire on that ship".

Thanks for the heads up.
Lt. Commander
# 66
02-03-2010, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasorine
just in case some people haven't realized yet, it is a tactical console that automatically fires at enemies within a 3km radius.

It has a 360 degree arc and deals 45 plasma damage.

It is NOT a plasma damage buff nor is it a turret weapon.
I got the same thing. This is exactly what it is. It takes up a tac slot and does 45 damage. It fires at around 4 km. 360 degrees of firing arc. (So actually it does classify as a turret. But it doesn't take up a weapon slot.)

Period.
Lt. Commander
# 67
02-03-2010, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardwyre View Post
Pre-ordering the Deluxe Digital Download was promised to provide the following unique item:

Unique Ship Item: Automated Defense Battery. This Tactical Module grants any ship a passive 360 arc attack power with a short range. (Quoted from actual Gamestop website page where you can purchase the Digital Download)

Instead, the actual in-game item is this:

Automated Defense Turret: +45 plasma damage.

THIS IS WRONG. I was looking forward to my item I was promised, and instead I was giving an item that is basically worthless.

I want my money back.
You, sir, are absolutely and completely wrong. I demand an apology from you to the entire STO community for your rash and inconsiderate lies about Cryptic, the game, and the product that you received exactly as advertised. You receivecd a tactical module (goes into your tactical slot), that has a 360 degree firing arc with a special attack power that has a short range.

Aplogize, sir, and move on.
Lt. Commander
# 68
02-03-2010, 08:04 AM
Installed mine last night on my Connie and it works beautifully. I'm loving this item very much!
Lt. Commander
# 69
02-03-2010, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scifiguy View Post
I ordered from Atari.

The exact wording on the item is:

Automated DefenseTurret
Rare Ship Tactical Console
45 Plasma Damage

A couple things to note:

1. It is NOT a Turret. There are many turrets in the game. The go in weapon slots. This is a Tactical Console.

2. It does not say +45 Plasma Damage like you would expect a console to say.

It is my feeling that the item was supposed to be a turret that does 45 plasma damage and it was mistakenly made a console. I am reporting it because as it is I think it doesn't do anything.
It IS a turret, you dont control it hence why its in a tactical slot, it does 45 damage when it fires. Its not +45 damage it IS 45 damage. Does EXACTLY what you were expecting when you ordered it put it in the slot and go into combat you will notice it firing wat nearby objects within 3km.. I know because I AM USING IT.