Captain
When I'm piling on the Attack Pat Alpha + Omega + BFAW + Tac Team + Power to weapons + aux 2 bat cooldowns I don't like having to double back and hit some of the cooldowns again and again because they're in a "Do I or don't I want to activate" limbo following a button press. I understand some of us might be able to circumvent this with highly elaborate macros and mods but I think it would be better for the majority of us if we simply had the option to toggle this "feature" off.

I think it would also be beneficial if we had an "Auto Fire LIKE.I.MEAN.IT" mode where my romulan torpedo launcher I have set to autofire instantly shoots off a torpedo the moment it's off cooldown, as opposed to mulling it over for a few moments.

Thank you and god bless.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-10-2014, 07:30 PM
Preach it!

Hitting abilities that refuse to activate has gotten me killed many times.
Current ship/builds:
KDF Tac: Bortasqu' Tactical
Fed Tac: Fleet Gal-X

Keep those big guns a-thunderin'
Captain
# 3
01-10-2014, 07:45 PM
Yeup.

This didn't use to be a problem. I don't remember when it started. Many versions ago.
Career Officer
# 4
01-11-2014, 03:30 AM
That "feature" exists because early in the game, players figured out they could bypass global cooldowns with macros to fire off abilities within a few ms of each other, causing both abilities to function simultaneously. The devs figured it out, and now abilities sit in a "queue" of sorts, each one completing its actions before the next one can fire off.

Yes, I'm annoyed by it too, but I can't fault them for stopping the exploits.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking for a fun yet challenging shooter that you can play with your friends? Click here!
Captain
# 5
01-11-2014, 03:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eulifdavis View Post
That "feature" exists because early in the game, players figured out they could bypass global cooldowns with macros to fire off abilities within a few ms of each other, causing both abilities to function simultaneously. The devs figured it out, and now abilities sit in a "queue" of sorts, each one completing its actions before the next one can fire off.

Yes, I'm annoyed by it too, but I can't fault them for stopping the exploits.
AFAIK, you can still skip this by using keybind and macro. Which make this "feature" annoying for the people that don't use them.

I agree with the op, it's really annoying.

Also, if we could keep firing when activating our skills, that would be great.
----
Career Officer
# 6
01-11-2014, 03:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erei1 View Post
AFAIK, you can still skip this by using keybind and macro. Which make this "feature" annoying for the people that don't use them.
Yes, but only with the help of server-side lag. It's no longer 100% reproducible. In fact, it's quite difficult to pull off now.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking for a fun yet challenging shooter that you can play with your friends? Click here!
Captain
# 7
01-11-2014, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erei1 View Post

I agree with the op, it's really annoying.

Also, if we could keep firing when activating our skills, that would be great.
That's the problem exactly. The hardcore players that were engaging in that behavior find work arounds that circumvent Cryptics slow turn around on fixes. They've hardly been impacted at all. It's regular players that suffer.