Lt. Commander
# 11
02-02-2010, 08:42 AM
Ask again in 3 months..
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-02-2010, 08:42 AM
Yes you may ask. Will you get a good answer? No not really.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-02-2010, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varela
Not everyone has English as a first language, quality hostility there ...
Yea,if you saw my whole post,you would see I said i was just kidding.And if I offended anyone by my little joke,I do apoligize.I was not being rude,I was just getting a kick out of him saying "like"so much.He needs to have a thick skin if he is going to be active on this forum.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-02-2010, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Sykes
Right now there 48.24 Million concurrent users. Source of this information? My ass, as thats where most figures are pulled from.
WOW, that's a BIG ____

This afternoon starting around 3pm EST, the population is going to start increasing dramatically as the U.S. East Coasters get home from school or work and log in. Server is going to be slammed hard tonight.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-02-2010, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyryck
WOW, that's a BIG ____

This afternoon starting around 3pm EST, the population is going to start increasing dramatically as the U.S. East Coasters get home from school or work and log in. Server is going to be slammed hard tonight.
Read as "server is going down in flames tonight"
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-02-2010, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALCUT View Post
Yea,if you saw my whole post,you would see I said i was just kidding.And if I offended anyone by my little joke,I do apoligize.I was not being rude,I was just getting a kick out of him saying "like"so much.He needs to have a thick skin if he is going to be active on this forum.
Might I point out, that from my initial thoughts of the OP, he's rather on the young side of life so he might deserve a little consideration. Please notice that I used "might" and "little"
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-02-2010, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Sykes
Right now there 48.24 Million concurrent users. Source of this information? My ass, as thats where most figures are pulled from.
Rofl! 10charsforhaha
Lt. Commander
# 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by WooShoo View Post
There will never be a true, official number of people playing because MMO companies never give that info out (or if they do, it's inflated).

Here's one way to say a lot of people are playing: for the common areas that are instanced (starbases, patrols, etc...), there are sometimes 200+ instances of these going on.

If you're concerned about long term, then as the other poster wrote, it's still too early. All MMOs have a subscription falloff in the first months. That doesn't mean that more people won't come in to replace them. It just means that guessing the numbers is tricky.
It very rare for MMO companies to release inflated or false numbers or not release them at all. Why? The stockholder reports are public record and it would be securities fraud to do so.

In fact, most, like Blizzard, actually tone down what they report because they don't list new accounts that aren't older than a month or so, internet cafe subscribers, trial accounts, cancelled accounts that still have time left on them, pay per hour accounts, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 19
well thanks for your advice everyone. thats just one debate i have on getting this game because i also need to know if stores are selling game cards as well as the game.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-02-2010, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LrdPhoenix View Post
It very rare for MMO companies to release inflated or false numbers or not release them at all. Why? The stockholder reports are public record and it would be securities fraud to do so.

In fact, most, like Blizzard, actually tone down what they report because they don't list new accounts that aren't older than a month or so, internet cafe subscribers, trial accounts, cancelled accounts that still have time left on them, pay per hour accounts, etc.
No Blizzard "inflates" in a sense, when it reports we have xx Million, it means total Worldwide, Active and Inactive accounts that were upgraded, not actual users who play on a daily basis. There is a report on that and I guess ill go dig it up. It is extremely rare for a company to say we have x amount of active users who play at least 5 hours a month.