Lt. Commander
# 31
02-02-2010, 11:22 AM
You know whats sad, those reaching max level are going to bash Cryptic becaues they have nothing to do now.. skipped all the content and possibly the episodic adventures as well.

And I feel a little sorry for them, they will most likely quit and cancel because of their rush to max level and miss out on a game that really has potential.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-02-2010, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by denare View Post
People still have the option to cancel their pre orders, so I assume these people wanted to rush to the end of the game before never getting to play it again, just so they can say they did.
The fact that, somehow, it's possible to do this in 4 days is scary. Even if two people were playing 24/7, that's only 96 hours. That's it? 96 hours to reach the end of the game... no.
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-02-2010, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiftus27 View Post
So we are still an hour before "launch"...{deleted for brevity!
While I can't say for sure, I suspect that some characters are being power-leveled by ingame companies. What happens is a person turns over an account to an ingame company, who offers to level up the character for a fee.

Then the character is online for 24/7 as multiple "employees" take turns working the character through the missions. Some of the characters are created by the ingame companies who want to sell them on ebay.
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-02-2010, 12:13 PM
@Dreugan: if its potential lies in its leveling content it has failed, because leveling ends sometimes, at leats in MMOPRGS. I dont thing anyone will quit because he leveled to fast to endgame. When someone quits he realizes the game isnt something for him.
So why should he pay month for month fees and play in a style he dont like (only a hour a day or so) and enjoy the game ? The leveling content will soon shrink to perhaps of 10% or 5% of the time you played STO after years of playing it will not matter anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-02-2010, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownXV View Post
The fact that, somehow, it's possible to do this in 4 days is scary. Even if two people were playing 24/7, that's only 96 hours. That's it? 96 hours to reach the end of the game... no.
How about some context... the average work week: 40 hours.
8hrs a day, Monday through Friday.

Most Console games go 20-30. PC games tend to go 35-40. The really good games get 60-100 per playthrough. I have Fallout characters with 80+ hours and I still haven't finished that content.

I'm guessing these are unusual accounts.

Somebody said levelling slowed down after LtC1. Good. I just hit LtC1 and I'm still doing L8 missions in Kassae sector block with Arug-whatever, the top sector block is, still to go.
In OB, people said they spent too much time in the starter ship. Cryptic listened.

I thought it was about right. In OB, I was itching to get out of that Miranda around 8. Now I'm at that spot, but I'm LtC. sooo... heres to hoping it slows a little.
If there were a difficulty slider.... where it would make the enemies a little tougher and give same SP but maybe a slightly higher chance for rarer drops.
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-02-2010, 12:24 PM
I remember in WoW when Burning Crusade came out and shamen were introduced alliance side, I had just got my hunter to level 63 when i saw "Realm First! First level 70 Shaman! Realm First! First Drani to level 70!" the whole Xpack had only been online for less than a day. So yeah there will always be people who try to rush to the end of things, mostly so they can complain about how easy it was or that the end game lacked content.
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-02-2010, 12:43 PM
Congrats to them!
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-02-2010, 12:46 PM
so... how does the fact that there are people who have hit the level cap impede your enjoyment of the game?

hey spent their time power leveling, that is their right.

I just made commander today and expect to be captain by thursday....

to finally fly a galaxy. i certainly don't want to spend more time grinding only because YOU thought i should have to.
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-02-2010, 12:46 PM
If an account is active for 24 hrs a day (or as much as possible with downtime and whatnot), then you can get max leveled characters very quickly, which is not at all surprising.
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-02-2010, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by claydermunch View Post
so... how does the fact that there are people who have hit the level cap impede your enjoyment of the game?

hey spent their time power leveling, that is their right.

I just made commander today and expect to be captain by thursday....

to finally fly a galaxy. i certainly don't want to spend more time grinding only because YOU thought i should have to.
Because to fast of lvling means there is no game longevity. Haven't we already realized that by now with current games. Even WOW it took a long time to get to max on release.