Lt. Commander
# 41
02-02-2010, 01:54 PM
We should have a pool on when the first "I'm an Admiral with nothing to do" post appears
Lt. Commander
# 42
02-02-2010, 01:54 PM
There are no Admirals yet It is impossible They are people from CO Cryptic when cheap on the chat system and just merged there data base for CO so if you see a level 50 on that is an Admiral in STO so dont worry there are no Admirals yet
Lt. Commander
# 43
02-02-2010, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montague View Post
We should have a pool on when the first "I'm an Admiral with nothing to do" post appears
In 3 hours I bet!

Than what will they do?
Lt. Commander
# 44
02-02-2010, 01:57 PM
Also, GMs have Admirals.
Lt. Commander
# 45
02-02-2010, 01:59 PM
Actually a friend of mine playing STO reached LT Commander simply by staying in one instance of enemy contact with the klingons and getting skills from his kills. He hadn't even begun the Admiral Quinn missions or any of the other Sulu missions yet.

Now he can work on those missions with a very nice ship Isn't that what being a captain is all about??? (grins)
Lt. Commander
# 46
02-02-2010, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zantars View Post
There are no Admirals yet It is impossible They are people from CO Cryptic when cheap on the chat system and just merged there data base for CO so if you see a level 50 on that is an Admiral in STO so dont worry there are no Admirals yet
Do a search on ranks and you will quite a few admirals..
Lt. Commander
# 47
02-02-2010, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosch25
@Dreugan: if its potential lies in its leveling content it has failed, because leveling ends sometimes, at leats in MMOPRGS. I dont thing anyone will quit because he leveled to fast to endgame. When someone quits he realizes the game isnt something for him.
So why should he pay month for month fees and play in a style he dont like (only a hour a day or so) and enjoy the game ? The leveling content will soon shrink to perhaps of 10% or 5% of the time you played STO after years of playing it will not matter anymore.
QFT.

While I enjoy the leveling in STO, I generally level just for that reason to get to level. Anyway, if you enjoy the leveling, you can just keep doing it over and again. I know I've done much it many times and will do it many more. I will enjoy it in STO, but the point is still to get those characters to max level. To do PvP and whatever PvE end game content there is. That is what will determine subscription rates much more than whether it takes 3 days or 7 days to level.