Lt. Commander
Hi all, I just wanted to post an observation. Ever since Season 8.5 went live, the Fleet Event queues and activity on Defera has been dead. And seems really difficult to earn Fleet Marks and complete Fleet Projects.

Granted everyone is currently busy working on the Q Event, playing the Event mission, and working on accolades. But given this is Day 2, some people should've returned to the queues to get them moving again I feel that while the hourly event was a pain since we had to chase it, it had it's good point in that the community tended to do these events during their bonus hours, so it was easy to find a group. Without that defining time frame, people scattered and it became very challenging to find groups. And those who are in the KDF know that getting a Fleet Mark event is near miraculous these days.

So that's why I feel that this weekend system isn't good for Fleets. While larger ones or those with an active population can make private queues whenever you want, those of us who are in small fleets don't have that luxury.

And I really don't think this weekend event system is going to work. First of all, according to the calender it's not really weekly, but Bi-monthly (every two weeks) and nobody really wants to waste their time grinding all weekend long. And when it comes to the Fleet Mark Bonus, we don't know when or how frequent that event will come along, which means in the long run, we lose out compared to when we had the hourly event.

So if anyone on the Dev Team is reading this, I really hope you will be implementing some kind of incentive that can get the ball rolling again.
Career Officer
# 2
02-01-2014, 06:26 AM
It's bad for everyone.

Waiting is not fun, and this is supposed to be a game. Having to wait for some weekend event that may never come or that you may miss due to circumstances just wastes everyone's playtime.
Career Officer
# 3
02-01-2014, 12:45 PM
totally agree, but their data metrics show something completey different apparantly and that we don't use the hourly events much.

I say it is an excuse for us to part with our money.
Now found frequenting MWO short term and then Star Citizen long term. Raged Quit PVP long ago
- Gohan (House of Beautiful /Sad Pandas)
Empire Veteran
# 4
02-01-2014, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
It's bad for everyone.

Waiting is not fun, and this is supposed to be a game. Having to wait for some weekend event that may never come or that you may miss due to circumstances just wastes everyone's playtime.
^Agreed. Many people work on the weekends and cannot really get much play time then either. So this just screws them over more.
Career Officer
# 5
02-01-2014, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasukurobi View Post
^Agreed. Many people work on the weekends and cannot really get much play time then either. So this just screws them over more.
^^^ I concur.. what a load of crap on all counts. So they can 'claim' it was an 'epic' turnout.

Ahh well, EPIC alright.
Republic Veteran
# 6
02-01-2014, 06:30 PM
Captain
# 7
02-01-2014, 07:41 PM
Well the only really good change was the tour becoming a mission (TY for doing that dev's), but as for the bonus events effecting FM's/Reputation is does stink a bit.

I tend to find myself having to spend more time, to get the desired marks I need to fill my day's quota.
[Combat (Self)] Your Lunge deals 3252 (1916) Physical Damage(Critical) to Heavy Tactical Drone.
If you have come to the forums, to complain about the AFK penalty, than it is WAI.
MACO/OMEGA/KHG Accolade Bug Link
Praetor of The Romulan Tal Shiar fleet
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-02-2014, 02:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by g0h4n4 View Post
totally agree, but their data metrics show something completey different apparantly and that we don't use the hourly events much.

I say it is an excuse for us to part with our money.
Who knows. But this change made us take one step forward and two steps back. Seems we are back to the system when F2P went live and they did this with the STFs.

But I have to agree that we really weren't playing those hourly events. Few crafted because of the Dilithum Tax, the Multiphasic event was worthless without people crafting and the DOFF system. Nobody played the Vault since they moved the rewards to the Romulan Reputation. They nerfed the fun out of Tour the Galaxy. People hated the Dilithium event since it only gave you a tad bit of extra Dilithium. And the Foundry Event was nerfed and the bonus was so low, there was no point in doing it. So all that was left is the Mirror Event and the Fleet / Reputation Bonus event.

But Cryptic forgot that those Fleet Mark bonus hours was a necessity for some fleets, now what took one day to fill fleet marks, now takes two or three days.

All I will say is, I don't think this weekend system is going to work, and people are in a dire need for fleet marks now. We don't want to wait months for a Bonus event.