Lt. Commander
Hello everyone. Those that purchased a DDE through Steam, has anyone been able to access their DDE or Steam bonuses yet? If so, did you have to enter another key? The "View CD key" and "manage account" links for STO still lead to the PreOrder key. Does this key "automagically" convert to giving full retail DDE benefits, or is Steam going to start spitting out new keys sometime soon?

Miniskirts await!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 10:28 PM
if u log onto steam and go to the st dde store page it says how many hours are left till the game "unlocks" that's when u will get your new key(and probably hafta dl an update)
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellipsys View Post
Hello everyone. Those that purchased a DDE through Steam, has anyone been able to access their DDE or Steam bonuses yet? If so, did you have to enter another key? The "View CD key" and "manage account" links for STO still lead to the PreOrder key. Does this key "automagically" convert to giving full retail DDE benefits, or is Steam going to start spitting out new keys sometime soon?

Miniskirts await!
I've been wondering the same thing.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 10:29 PM
Ahh, seems 14 hours at current? I'm not using the Steam version of the game to actually play, so I figured perhaps the key would turn over at midnight or some such.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 10:32 PM
nope u wont get the key till it unlocks then u need to go into yer games menu and find the "view game cd key" opyion: im not sure if u actually have to install it thru steam but i doubt it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 10:34 PM
Well at current anyway, as I said before "view CD key" only shows the preorder/beta key. I guess the new one will show up tomorrow.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-02-2010, 12:42 AM
my advice: go into Steam/steamapps/common and copy your star trek online folder out of there. put it somewheres else. then go inside it, right click the star trek online.exe, select send to... then Desktop(create shortcut)

after release (1pm PT), in your games list, right click on star trek online, and select manage game account. it will open a page, with teh CD key already filled in. just make sure you are logged in already at the top of the page, and press submit. you should then have all of your steam crap, and now you have a way to play the game without steam running at all. (sos you wont have to redownload 3 friggin times!!!!!!)
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-02-2010, 05:18 AM
it's stupid that there are midnight launch parties, but Steam doesn't release the key until about 3:00 PM EST today.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-02-2010, 05:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liqiud View Post
it's stupid that there are midnight launch parties, but Steam doesn't release the key until about 3:00 PM EST today.
It's that way for all Steam releases. Somebody needs to be there to manually activate it to make sure it all works, or so I've read. Which brought about "Steam time"; when something is supposed to happen, it'll happen "at some point", since it's not an automated process.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-02-2010, 05:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liqiud View Post
At which time i'll be at work.