Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
it is now 1 hour to official release, and i've just had a 150mb patch.

anyone else feel its a bit small to have contained all the missing features in the game.

for example, the much talked about genesis system?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 09:04 AM
Geneis is the in-house tool they use to make the Exploration missions. It's not something we would have access to.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 09:05 AM
We can play Sega?!

Sweet.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WEII

anyone else feel its a bit small to have contained all the missing features in the game.

Genesis is already there, with the unexplored sector missions, though it's fairly basic at the moment.

They've also said they are working on expanding it for future releases.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2010, 09:07 AM
we're getting free new content in the first 45 days, so i don't know why you're complaining
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-02-2010, 09:08 AM
Quote:

Do i feel anything is missing?
How about an enjoyable game LOL
Sorry couldn't resist.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-02-2010, 09:10 AM
Quote:

Did you play in either of the Betas? If you did, then you have already played in the "genesis system" as some think of it. It is the cluster missions. That being said, Genesis System as the devs call it is an "in house tool" meaning it is a program that helps them quickly generate content. It is not something for the players to use.

Also, that 1 GB patch that has been talked about was an estimate from some time ago as far as I know. Through OB we got many patches. Heck, I would even say that through headstart we've gotten at least three patches that I can remember for probably around 1 GB worth of info. Don't stress - there wasn't supposed to be some massive overhaul. What the game is now is how it is. As far as I am concerned, nothing is missing or needs to be "turned on".

Nothing will change drastically with this game until first content update, and even then it will just be more stuff to do, not an overwrite of how the game or it's content works more than likely.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-02-2010, 09:21 AM
See, this is what always happens.

People complain about a lack of content, then the other beta testers scream "Its beta!" and then the game launches and its exactly as it was in Beta with a few tweaks and then everyone wonders where the mythic "Super awesome cool content patch" went.

Every MMO supposedly has this super awesome cool patch that will make the game amazing at launch... like I and others were trying to tell them... it never existed.

What you see, is what you get.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-02-2010, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by castout85 View Post
we're getting free new content in the first 45 days, so i don't know why you're complaining
*cough* that should be in the game already*cough*
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-02-2010, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoidNull View Post
See, this is what always happens.

People complain about a lack of content, then the other beta testers scream "Its beta!" and then the game launches and its exactly as it was in Beta with a few tweaks and then everyone wonders where the mythic "Super awesome cool content patch" went.

Every MMO supposedly has this super awesome cool patch that will make the game amazing at launch... like I and others were trying to tell them... it never existed.

What you see, is what you get.
Cryptic never promised a super patch for launch. They did push down lots of fixes during OB and the changes did make the game look and run better.

But there was never an official promise/expectation of a "magic launch day content/fix everything" patch.