Lt. Commander
Hi all, My Graphics seam to run nice and sharp on the standard settings but every time I get a new load in screen it aether takes a long time to load or dose not load at all and I have to close the program. Is this a case of needed a better graphics card or something else?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 02:07 AM
I suffer from the same problem. At the recommended graphic setting the loading screens take, either, a very long time or just hang completely. Setting the graphics to low or minimum tends to cut loading times a fair amount.
A possible reason? Maybe it's due to the relative sizes of the graphics textures - I have a new graphics card on the way (nVidia 250 GTS), so maybe the loading problems could be solved (for me anyway).
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 02:57 AM
Try updating the graphic card drivers, worked for me
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 10:10 AM
This is a problem I've been having since launch of open beta.. seems like its a card issue.. might also be a processor issue.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2010, 11:27 AM
i had the same problem, worked out the only way to get past load screen stalls was to lower world texture quality to 50, then go back up while i play, but have to remember to set it down whenever i have to warp or i have to restart, all other times it runs fine with gfx turned up.

hope this helps
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-02-2010, 11:28 AM
Usually it is a system issue, however during peak times, the server gets under heavy load and may slow load times a little. DOn;t worry though, as cryptic are improving stability every single day. ( You should have seen it during Open Beta