Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-02-2010, 11:15 AM
Science officers get heal-over-time abilities that also cure exposes (with each tick). Tactical officers also get an ability that puts a "fake" expose on themselves and can draw enemy fire and waste special attacks, so it can get pretty interesting.

When two good teams get together, instant disintegrations are actually fairly rare.

It can suck to pug it, though.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-02-2010, 11:21 AM
For what i need a good team when i have expose + oneshootkill to 100 % ?

We klingons need that too. * joke * Balance will be better for all. With sometimes oneshootkill its ok, but always its not fun.

I have now a weapon who have 10 % chance to expose and i have my first oneshootkill too. But i have only 10 % chance to expose not 100 %.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-02-2010, 11:24 AM
I would be curious to see that, and if a "good team" could counter it in time.

In the match I was in the fed team could take out all five of us in about 6-7 seconds. If any of the midgets got into melee range were instantly stunned. Don't know what they were using but their team was not shooting anything at all until it was time to disintegrate. They were only using the death touching midgets and the occasional sci officer holds.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-02-2010, 11:57 AM
I know of a few counters to midgets spamming melee:
* Stun pistol.
* Engineer snare mines.
* Tactical Suppressing Fire (which snares)

If you're familiar with the map you can also sprint backwards while shooting them. Combined with the snare pistol this is an easy counter, especially if you have a competent team working with you.

I still think it's stupid and cheesy and should be fixed but it's counterable.

Reactively countering an expose with a heal is just about impossible since the science officer has to see it and throw the heal before the enemy throws the exploit shot, but you can do it preemptively by seeing who on your team is getting shot the most and throwing a heal-over-time on them. Since every tick of the heal cures exposes, you won't have to react when you see someone get exposed -- the next tick of the heal (which appears to about twice a second?) will cure it.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-02-2010, 12:05 PM
Thanks, I may try some of that if I ever give ground another shot. I did try using suppressive fire, but like I said, all they had to do was get into melee range and it was an auto-stun (there was no melee spam needed).
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-02-2010, 12:06 PM
at first the klingons need the same oneshootkills.
When we can kill the feds so fast, they kill us atm then they self yell about a nerf.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-02-2010, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsat
at first the klingons need the same oneshootkills.
When we can kill the feds so fast, they kill us atm then they self yell about a nerf.
Wow. My head hurts.

I have played both sides.

There is no 100% chance to expose. Now several people may work together with their 10% chance and it seems like 100%, but there is nothing that gives 100% chance to expose. Otherwise, I'd be using it.

My teams and I frequently would work together to get exposes on certain targets, and then I would snipe them when they were exposed. I really have no clue what you are talking about.

If you are exposed, then yes, expect to die in 1 hit. Both sides have that ability. I use it and have it used on me. It's how STO ground combat works.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-02-2010, 12:35 PM
roy can it. trust me. 100 % i swear. And he is not the only one. i play ground pvp als klingon more then 3 hour per day every day. When u play only sometimes and have no cheater in fed groups u dont notice it.

In a match i had more then 20 oneshootkills. All from roy. No joke.

Thats why i have informated an GM now. The char must be inspected.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-02-2010, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsat
roy can it. trust me. 100 % i swear.

In a match i have more then 20 oneshootkills. No joke.

Thats why i have informated an GM now. The char must be inspected.
Um. I've played against several ROYS

The one I remember was a tac officer with stealth and snipers. He had a backup weapon that exposes. He has a team that exposes.

Please, send me a fraps video as proof and I will review it.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-02-2010, 12:42 PM
Say that roy * smile * Not always i have an 1 vs 1 with him and i not have him always in pvp.

Fraps as freeware dont can record so long or ? Say me a freeware programm to record hours what not needed hunderts of gigabyte and i do it. i dont lie, when i say he can it.