Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 31
02-03-2010, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamz
I saw Roy.

You're right. He does seem to have found a weapon with an extraordinary expose chance. He wouldn't tell me what it was, but I got a screenshot of the combat log saying:

"Roy deals 1 (10) Plasma Damage to you with Stun Beam Setting."


Er....what? Plasma stun gun? That's not something sold in stores.

(His team still lost, though, 40 to 13 versus our guild group.)


Someone will have to stumble across that weapon and post a screenshot. Maybe keep checking the auction house for some kind of plasma weapon that has a stun attack.
Hey slamz, what tier was this?

I'll retract my previous statements then.

I've personally played against Roy@Roypwns at least in OB and never saw this. I don't think I've seen him in retail yet though.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 32
02-03-2010, 04:54 PM
See that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F3OzLPHrDM

its only one kill. I have not more as video, but u see it. One Shot expose and onekillshot.

When i have him again in mission and the recordprogramm runs i show more.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 33
02-03-2010, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsat
See that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F3OzLPHrDM

its only one kill. I have not more as video, but u see it. One Shot expose and onekillshot.

When i have him again in mission and the recordprogramm runs i show more.
If you watch it slowly you can see that you take damage from him at :04 and your health drops and you stop moving but there is no graphic or beam or sign that he did anything. Then at :05 the big blue beam comes out damages you again and your health drops more. At :06 the beam is still striking you and he is backing up the ramp. At :07 you are exposed and his left hand reaches to his head like the scanner power tactical's get, sorry I don't recall the name of the power. At :08 - :09 you can clearly see the weapon switch as he stands at the top of the stairs. Then :09 - :10 you get exploited by the second weapon.

There appears to be some lag. at :03 he is at the top of ramp just coming into your view and you are running up. At :04 he has turned around at the top of the ramp and you are still running up. At :05 you sort of rubber band back a few steps and stop and he is very quickly from top of ramp to close to you.

I wish I recalled that power name and what it did. I had it in OB on a toon that could toss grenades. Pretty sure that is a tac power. It certainly doesn't appear to be a 1 shot kill though. Certainly 2 weapons are used and maybe a power activation of some sort.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 34
02-03-2010, 09:05 PM
That would be target optics. Also, of course it's a one shot kill there, I got a lucky expose with a plasma pistol's stun beam. Why are you making such a big deal out of me? And uh, Slamz, I don't recall you ever asking what weapons I used, if you did I woulda told you!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 35
02-03-2010, 11:06 PM
The one-shot-kill (actually 2 shots, one to expose and one to exploit) isn't unusual. I do that all the time.

The question is the rate of expose.

Some of it is just luck of course. If you roll a 10-sided die, how many times in a row can it come up "10"? But I do suspect that there are things in the game that have a higher % chance to expose than they state. I was in a match tonight where I think I got exposed 6 times in a row by that science AE root ability. But I've used it on my own scientist and hardly got any exposes.


Roy, do you have any +expose traits? I think there are a couple traits that give a small boost to expose chance. Mainly I'm just wondering if there's some broken thing with the game that's causing some people to get unusually high expose rates, like a +3% chance that's actually granting +30%. A broken weapon, trait or some combination. It seems to come up a lot in guild chat where "____ just exposed me for the 8th time in a row with ____". Seems like there's fishiness going on.



What we'd really need is a video of a full battle so we can count the shots. Are you really getting exposed over and over or are you just not noticing the hits that don't expose?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 36
02-04-2010, 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamz
The one-shot-kill (actually 2 shots, one to expose and one to exploit) isn't unusual. I do that all the time.

The question is the rate of expose.

Some of it is just luck of course. If you roll a 10-sided die, how many times in a row can it come up "10"? But I do suspect that there are things in the game that have a higher % chance to expose than they state. I was in a match tonight where I think I got exposed 6 times in a row by that science AE root ability. But I've used it on my own scientist and hardly got any exposes.


Roy, do you have any +expose traits? I think there are a couple traits that give a small boost to expose chance. Mainly I'm just wondering if there's some broken thing with the game that's causing some people to get unusually high expose rates, like a +3% chance that's actually granting +30%. A broken weapon, trait or some combination. It seems to come up a lot in guild chat where "____ just exposed me for the 8th time in a row with ____". Seems like there's fishiness going on.



What we'd really need is a video of a full battle so we can count the shots. Are you really getting exposed over and over or are you just not noticing the hits that don't expose?

I do think there is something fishy going on with certain abilities/weapons/skill combos. Unless I am just terribly unlucky in some matches, which is quite possible, there are some people that have an exceptionally high chance of exposing you, especially with science skills.

I know it isn't general science abilities, because I have a science officer I run around on and fight enough of them to know that there is a general balance to the abilities. There are a select few players though that seem to get an inordinately high chance of expose.

Could be a string of luck, but I suspect there is more to it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 37
02-04-2010, 12:19 AM
I havo notticed many times that I get exposed and it stays with me for the remainder of the ground pvp regardless of my deaths... I have also seen this once with plasma fire... Just saying it could be a client side bug... Or I dunno!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 38
02-04-2010, 02:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyPwns View Post
Why are you making such a big deal out of me? A!
Do u remember the fight before two days ? U and ure group stands on ure respawnpoint in Ghostship and we were in the next room. It was a very long fight. Always at the same position.

There was ure expose rate 100 %. Do u havent notice it ? In this position u have killed me 10 times in a row and before and after this fight u expose me much too.

I have write yesterday the next 1 vs 1 after the video u havent kill me with an expose. So u havent the expose rate to 100 % always.

The fight before two days i always was kneed when u have expose me. Perhaps here is the bug.

U havent answerd ingame thats why a make a big deal when the exposerate is 100 %. When u will help to find the bug, it will be very fine for me. Are u ready to meet me ingame to make a few test to find out how u become the 100 % exposerate ?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 39
02-04-2010, 06:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsat
Do u remember the fight before two days ? U and ure group stands on ure respawnpoint in Ghostship and we were in the next room. It was a very long fight. Always at the same position.

There was ure expose rate 100 %. Do u havent notice it ? In this position u have killed me 10 times in a row and before and after this fight u expose me much too.

I have write yesterday the next 1 vs 1 after the video u havent kill me with an expose. So u havent the expose rate to 100 % always.

The fight before two days i always was kneed when u have expose me. Perhaps here is the bug.

U havent answerd ingame thats why a make a big deal when the exposerate is 100 %. When u will help to find the bug, it will be very fine for me. Are u ready to meet me ingame to make a few test to find out how u become the 100 % exposerate ?
The expose rate isn't 100%... and eh, sure, I don't mind testing something.

And Slamz, nope, I don't, I only have +hp traits.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 40
02-04-2010, 07:53 AM
Roy and i have tested it again.

The 100 % we havent managed. We have a lot of dismiss too. But we have 2 x 3 expose in a row ( the second is with one dismiss * smile ). So we can show the expose is really a little bit to high. But really only a little. Perhaps they have balanced a little ?

roy what do u think was the expose rate ? 40 % ? Sounds not high, but in roys lucky hands it can be awful * smile *

Big thx for roy for the test. I hope they have fixed a little the weapon. But it wasnt a lie, when i say before 3-4 Day we have played he killed me 10 in a row. Perhaps he dont killed the outher player in me respawn time and i was the unlucky fellow.

And we have found a new bug. We cant open a own Map. The Level it too high error comes then.

The video is uploaded in 45 minutes. I post the link then.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:01 PM.