Lt. Commander
# 11
02-02-2010, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolatileMan View Post
Im not trying to be rude, but you have any true understanding of internet protocol? Do you have any concept of what exactly the 'packets' of information between your high end machine and ANY game servers are doing?

So you drive a Lamborghini, does that help you get from point A to point B any faster when traffic is at a stand still? When the entire freeway is doing 10 miles an hour my Pinto can keep up with your fancy Lamborghini, get it?

Its called the 'web' for a reason, the path your packets of information take is probably different than mine becuase I see no traffic in front of my Pinto, ie. Im not experiencing the lag that you are.

I wish people would stop thinking because they have some sort of super computer the problem MUST be on Cryptics end. The reality literally lies in between.
Well if you read my intial post as the op i stated already i have check my connection speeds, 8mbs connection speed with 39 - 40ping and 1ms jitter pingtest.net classes this as grade A so this is why i think its something to do with cryptic or in between which is why I asked people to post there issues or non issues and location.

Read before rant please
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-02-2010, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOtherDestiny
True, and he doesn't even have close to a gaming PC, that card is years old, my old PC used them. Anyway, I've experienced it as well. I get much worse lag then in beta, and one game in space it was extremely bad, but was weird also. I played like 10 minutes into the game then bang, my ship goes bonkers, like my ship still kinda moves very slowly, everyone else is moving very slowly, but my ship is flinging behind itself to infront of itself several times a second. When I fly away out of range of everyone it goes away when I see someone it came back, but it only lasted one game though. Nothing to do with my connection or PC, it seems that it could be a server performance issue.
I never claimed to have a high end computer i mearly listed whats in my machine and yes it is an old card as its the last part of my machine that i will be upgrading soon but if you read recomended specs for this game it say it recomends the 8800 gtx series and above not minimum of 8800gtx . The card may be old but it was top of the line when i bought it and cost over 400 for it and it still has no problems running any of the last games at very well indeed. incase you dont believe ill copy paste it here for you.

A: The minimum system requirements are:

OS: Windows XP SP2 / Windows Vista / Windows 7 (32 or 64-bit)
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8 Ghz or AMD Athlon X2 3800+
Memory: 1GB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 7950 / ATI Radeon X1800 / Intel HD Graphics
Sound: DirectX 9.0c Compatible Soundcard
DirectX: Version 9.0c or Higher
HDD: 10GB Free Disk Space
Network: Internet Broadband Connection Required
Disc: 6X DVD-ROM

The recommended system specifications are:
CPU: Intel E8400 Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon X2 5600+
Memory: 2GB RAM+
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 / ATI Radeon HD 3850+

so as you can see my comp is above minimum specs as stated and in fact better than recommended.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-02-2010, 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshal_Mayhem
I never claimed to have a high end computer i mearly listed whats in my machine and yes it is an old card as its the last part of my machine that i will be upgrading soon but if you read recomended specs for this game it say it recomends the 8800 gtx series and above not minimum of 8800gtx . The card may be old but it was top of the line when i bought it and cost over 400 for it and it still has no problems running any of the last games at very well indeed. incase you dont believe ill copy paste it here for you.

A: The minimum system requirements are:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8 Ghz or AMD Athlon X2 3800+
Memory: 1GB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 7950 / ATI Radeon X1800 / Intel HD Graphics

The recommended system specifications are:
CPU: Intel E8400 Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon X2 5600+
Memory: 2GB RAM+
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 / ATI Radeon HD 3850+

so as you can see my comp is above minimum specs as stated and in fact better than recommended.
Actually please learn to read. Look at the quote I said first, thus I was replying to VolatileMan who was the one who said you had a supercomputer, I was stating you didn't then went on to explain I had a similar problem which I also think is due to STO. Either you need to read the full post + quote or your trolling your own thread...

And BTW, when I bought that card, brand new, in Australia where most stuff costs more, it only cost me like $580 AU$ which was probably around 250-300 your currency. Plus it won't run all latest games very well, hell there is a game out there which I'm beta testing that my GTX295 can't run maxed out.