Lt. Commander
# 11
02-02-2010, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitewolf1984 View Post
Yes I put it in caps.

I orderd the Digital delux from steam.

Got my key and tryed to activate it but its asking me to set up a subscription aswell :S

What happend to my 30 days free.

Cant we just have a not now option.
almost every mmo does this, you will get charged a 1 dollar fee, which will most likely be refunded just to make sure info is correct. You won't be charged again for 30 days, or not at all if you cancel.

I mean I haven't played a paid mmo in a while except doing premium on DDO when it went free, but this was slandered practice when I did.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-02-2010, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jollyrogers
Question is, what happens after 30 days? Does your account (whatever you put in) get billed automatically? Even though you have a lifetime subscription?
You won't get billed if you have a lifetime. I already have the lifetime for Champions and it worked the same way.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-02-2010, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonDragn View Post
You won't get billed if you have a lifetime. I already have the lifetime for Champions and it worked the same way.
Ah, cool, thanks for answering that.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-02-2010, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManaByte View Post
Welcome to the world of MMOs. Every single premium MMO does this. It's been like this since 1997 when UO came out.
warhammer online and wow do NOT do this, you can use BOTH trials without having to use a credit card.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-02-2010, 10:26 AM
Is it going to be like a Direct Debit thing, i.e. If i ordered a 6 month sub, will Cryptic automatically charge me for the next 6 months once the original 6 are finished?

I've never liked setting up Direct Debit payments and prefer to have direct control over the money that leaves my account.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-02-2010, 10:27 AM
i just activated my key and there was no prompt to enter card details.

however, being a champions subscriber they already have mine on file, so that may be why.

could be people who are not CO subscribers but lifetimers in STO are being asked to put in card details, which sounds like an error..

however they wont bill you till the 30 days are up, so there's that long to get it sorted out.. but if you plan to use the C-Store it'll be able to use those same details for that.. (though it does ask you if you want to use the payment method on file or another way when you buy cryptic points..)
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-02-2010, 10:32 AM
Quote:
warhammer online and wow do NOT do this, you can use BOTH trials without having to use a credit card.
But this is not a trial. They are lauching the game. Trial usualy become avaliable after months to bring new blood to MMOs. Them may our may not ask for the card details.

Both WoW and Warhammer asked for the credit card info at the launch.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-02-2010, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Yes I put it in caps.

I orderd the Digital delux from steam.

Got my key and tryed to activate it but its asking me to set up a subscription aswell :S

What happend to my 30 days free.

Cant we just have a not now option.
Its not forcing anything. You arent billed until AFTER the free 30 days, and if you cancel before then you not billed at all.
Lt. Commander
# 19 Related but a bit different
02-02-2010, 10:46 AM
Hi All

I know this is kind of related but it may not be

You know the subscription options avaibale, one is Lifetime Sub.

Now will I get charged teh sub now, or after my 30 days are up?

I know it is probably a silly question, but I want to know before I click anything more =]

Many thanks in advance

Ben