Lt. Commander
I bought digital deluxe edition - got my retail key today and when i put it in i am taken to a page to ask me for subscription payment details - why? It wont register my key unless i enter details. I have 30 days free - why do i need to pay more money now?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 10:16 AM
You don't have to pay you just need to put you details in to activate your account. you can cancel it whenever you like.

I have seen about 10 posts like this already.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 10:18 AM
Im having the same issue, I want to use my free 30 days to play, and then decide if I wish to continue playing (I will or at the moment due to this issue may not) I should not be charged untill my free 30 days are up, I also currently dont have the funds to pay for a subscription (to all you trolls and idiots out there, dont even bother with "LOL GET A JOB" I have one just company is screwing me for payments atm.) so are you telling me that I cant play untill you charge me for a subscription when I legally have 30 free days, that I wish to start the use of now? Good Game Cryptic, Good game. I was all for this game but this is just stupid.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 10:21 AM
The same question occurred when Champions online started up. In fact if you didn't enter a payment method, your preorder items didn't appear in Champions.

Just enter the payment and subscription plan info.

You will see that the next payment will be made on around March 3rd (assuming your not a lifer). If you don't like the game, then before March, just go in and cancel your subscription.
Lt. Commander
# 5
To repeat what was said earlier, you aren't going to pay anything now. You just have to give them some payment information to set up an account. You won't be charged until your free 30 days are up. It works that way with virtually every subscription MMO.
Lt. Commander
# 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KovuTalli View Post
Im having the same issue, I want to use my free 30 days to play, and then decide if I wish to continue playing (I will or at the moment due to this issue may not) I should not be charged untill my free 30 days are up, I also currently dont have the funds to pay for a subscription (to all you trolls and idiots out there, dont even bother with "LOL GET A JOB" I have one just company is screwing me for payments atm.) so are you telling me that I cant play untill you charge me for a subscription when I legally have 30 free days, that I wish to start the use of now? Good Game Cryptic, Good game. I was all for this game but this is just stupid.
As stated above you don't pay until your 30 days runs out. If you cancel the game at any time before that you don't get charged. You can even cancel it immediately after putting in your information if you want to. The credit card information is an easy way for them to confirm your identify and and ability to pay for the game. Thats all.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-02-2010, 10:22 AM
Its just to activate your account, you don't actually pay anything until next month, or a few months, depending on how many copies of the game you redeem. They just need that information from you because they run on the assumption that you are going to keep playing, and would like a seamless change from free month to paid subscription. Every MMO I've played has done this.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-02-2010, 10:23 AM
Quote:
I feel the same. But lalways look on the bright side of life. Order a game card. it arrives by friday. By then most server crashes and **** from launch will be fixed. Same thing i'm doing.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-02-2010, 10:23 AM
Quote:
This must be your first MMO...

You enter your payment information in order to receive your subscription to the service (Star Trek Online), but you will not be charged for this service until the end of the 30 day free play period. If you're worried about getting charged on an account that has no money, then just make a point to remind yourself to cancel the subscription. This is a fairly common practice with MMOs...
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-02-2010, 10:24 AM
For people who don't have a credit card or want to shell out for a time card to activate, there are test CC numbers around the web that you can use to activate your subscription. No money is ever allowed to come out of them but they do pass the check on set up. Google is your friend.