Lt. Commander
# 11
02-02-2010, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by COBHateCrew View Post
I feel the same. But lalways look on the bright side of life. Order a game card. it arrives by friday. By then most server crashes and **** from launch will be fixed. Same thing i'm doing.
But then they will have to pay upfront Lmao!!!
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-02-2010, 10:26 AM
Correct.

You enter the recurring billing information. If you PAY ATTENTION...It tells you that you aren't being charged now, and when your next billing date is.

The only game that doesn't require CC info to register...is the one that has 50 bajillion members and most of them are chinese gold farmers.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-02-2010, 10:31 AM
Ok so it's not my first MMO and yes this is common practice..However I just went to activate my key and it wouldn't process my info get stuck waiting. then it fails try again with pay-pal same thing. so a third time and now it says my key won't activate any products. Back to steam to double check key, and back to activate now the page won't even come up. they must be having some issues guess I'll wait till after work to activate.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-02-2010, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KabaalGen
For people who don't have a credit card or want to shell out for a time card to activate, there are test CC numbers around the web that you can use to activate your subscription. No money is ever allowed to come out of them but they do pass the check on set up. Google is your friend.
If I was a smart software company, I would prohibit those card numbers
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-02-2010, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaudy6523
This must be your first MMO...

You enter your payment information in order to receive your subscription to the service (Star Trek Online), but you will not be charged for this service until the end of the 30 day free play period. If you're worried about getting charged on an account that has no money, then just make a point to remind yourself to cancel the subscription. This is a fairly common practice with MMOs...
Not really, WoW, couple others, none of them did that not in my experience. You entered your code and you played, not taken to a subscription screen and asked for details before binding the code to your account.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-02-2010, 10:34 AM
So this must be some people's first MMO I guess...because every pay MMO since the beginning has worked the same exact way. In fact, so does XBL, Netflix, and quite a few other things.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-02-2010, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KovuTalli View Post
Not really, WoW, couple others, none of them did that not in my experience. You entered your code and you played, not taken to a subscription screen and asked for details before binding the code to your account.
And yes, Wow did always and still does the same thing. You are mistaken.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-02-2010, 10:36 AM
Im having same problem, mines from D2D. activation page seems to have died, guess must be loads of ppl trying to sign up at once.
Hopefully back up in a bit! Time it did let me thru it did the same with the telling me paypal was wrong and it just nearly exploded when I tried to put my card in, but if the actual page is down must be something besides my plastic fantastic being about to melt....
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-02-2010, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by runemaleawih
Ok so it's not my first MMO and yes this is common practice..However I just went to activate my key and it wouldn't process my info get stuck waiting. then it fails try again with pay-pal same thing. so a third time and now it says my key won't activate any products. Back to steam to double check key, and back to activate now the page won't even come up. they must be having some issues guess I'll wait till after work to activate.
The "key won't activate any products" might be a lag issue with everyone trying to register at once. You might try in a few minutes and see if that clears up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KovuTalli View Post
I seem to remember having to sign up for WoW with a credit card, and for EQ, and for SWG, ***, LoTR, (not PotBS because I'm a station member),Champions Online,City of Heroes, etc.. All of them from my experience though there could be exceptons for those I haven't played. Its fairly standard for US based MMO games anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptNemesis
If I was a smart software company, I would prohibit those card numbers
Not no mention that it might possilby be illegal to use fraudulent credit card numbers so I personally would avoid it but then again I'm a rich software developer and can afford to pay for sutff
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-02-2010, 10:39 AM
If I remember right, I Installed WoW, entered my key, and was asked if I wished to subscribe, if not go and enjoy your game. But that was four years ago? So I could very well be mistaken.

Anyone else getting page not available/found when trying to get to activation page now?