Lt. Commander
# 1 I'd like to say
02-02-2010, 11:22 AM
I know that a lot of us get frustrated with the lack of Cryptic responses on these forums. It gets annoying when you feel that you are being ignored by the people that you are giving your money to, however ...

Cryptic does not ignore the suggestions on the boards!

Many bells and whistles that poster have requested have already been implemented. Tab targeting enemies out of field of view, continue moving during contact dialogs and the like.

They may be quiet about it, but Cryptic is indeed listening to us, their clients!

Keep it up!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 11:27 AM
yea if cryptic answered every single gripe and complain on the forums they would not have time to concentrate on actually fixing issues. But then again they could just hire a team of people that it would be their main job duties to answer questions. Then again its a business and im sure they have their reasons behind what they do even tho we might not agree with it all the time.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 11:30 AM
then why have the subscription servers been down all day? i'd like to redeem what i actually paid them money for.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 11:42 AM
Okay ... once again I will call upon my past as a former Blizzard employee ...

Blizzard devs rarely looked at the forums more than ... well ... comic relief. Instead they had liaisons communicate between the devs and player base.

Now I am not a subscriber currently. I canceled my pre-order because I'm not a huge fan of the highly instanced game ... but the game holds a surprising amount of promise. I'll also admit I've never been a die hard Star Trek fan. I've always been more of a Star Wars/Babylon 5 (can you tell by my name) and nBSG fan ... but the game holds real promise.

The one thing that I found nice was that Cryptics seems to care about your opinion ... I have no idea why. My time with Blizzard has shown me that most gamers are ****ing ******* who can't tell their ass from their elbows but ... Cryptic devs still read and listen. Despite your incessant *****ing and moaning.

So keep your chins up, you negative *******s. Launches aren't ever pretty ... and I'll admit I'm not a part of this one because I don't have an active account. () But what I've seen from the insider interviews, though ... some of the devs really care about more than just money.

Maybe ... I don't know for sure cause I don't know any of them IRL ... though I could ... if the *******s would pay for lunch at maybe a TGI Fridays ... or for a Surf and Turf at The Yard House ... either in Brea or Costa Mesa.