Lt. Commander
# 31
02-02-2010, 11:38 AM
cancel the order and buy from a digital retailer? that's about all you can do at this point.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-02-2010, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangh
Apparently Best Buy can.

No Im not trolling
---------------------------------------------------------
Order Confirmation
1/13/2010
Order Number: BBYXX-ZZZZZZZZZ
Dear XXXX:

Thank you for shopping at Best Buy. We have received your order, and it will be processed as soon as possible.

Qty
Product Description 1

Star Trek Online-Windows

Order Total: $54.04

----------------------------------------------------------
i would try calling the bb stores in your area. if it says unavailable in store on their website it may not have been entered in the system untill today .
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-02-2010, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidel View Post
Why does that make any difference?

Seriously - selling a boxed game is no different to a book or a dvd or even a car - you sell what you have.

Why do you think you need to go to a game store to buy computer games? What possible difference can it make. They are just as likely to be guilty of this sort of shady business practice as any other store.
The reason is many of these big companies jump on the band wagon, trying to sell anything they can, hence the screw up, like Best Buy and the OP. When I worked at best buy they could not tell their ass from a hole in the ground.

They spread themselves out too thin and while they try to juggle selling video games in a prompt manner, they are selling dishwashers, steroes, car installs and tvs. Game stop Only handles games. Want a fridge? Sure go to BB, but you rely on a prompt release date go to another store. Many of us that worked for best buy would go to gamestop to get our games
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-02-2010, 11:56 AM
Im having same problem with BB. i called them and they told me that they just got some in and mine should be here by the 8th.lol i highly doubt it. so i guess i paid over $200 for a subscription that i wont even be able to play for a while.
So much for my 4 days head start
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-02-2010, 11:57 AM
Okay, i just got off the phone with Amazon and luckily i'm one of few to not have my copy cancelled.

However, turns out they aren't suppling us with a Borg BO, they are giving us something entirely different.

What gives?
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-02-2010, 11:58 AM
Direct2Drive 4TW.
Boxes and discs with bits on them are obsolete.
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-02-2010, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi-Fire View Post
People seem to never learn that best buy is SO not the place to go for these sorts of things. I've seen so many people complain about best buy game launch after game launch. I'm just lucky I've never been a best buy fan I guess.
I've had problems with GameStop and Amazon before as well...GameStop gave away my copies during a midnight release, and I had to drive around 2 different stores to get my copies for my wife and I. Amazon didn't ship out my pre-order until 3 weeks after release. I almost got stuck in this rut, if I didn't cancel my pre-order in-store with BB and instead go to games.bestbuy.com for the DDE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jollyrogers
But, I've seen complaints with Amazon, Steam, and GameStop in the forum as well.
Yep, I'm one of those who's posted here about my experiences with Amazon and GameStop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangh
Yeah I should have known not to buy from Worst Buy, but GameStop sucks now and I didnt thing that ordering from Amazon would be any better.
Besides I kinda wanted the Targ for my Klingon (dont give a rats ass about the Tribble as those are a dime a dozen and you get them for free)
http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=98302
http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=98541

Even if you did get a game copy, you would have to spend another bunch of effort with Cryptic to get them to give you the Tribble/Targ. Right now that's where I'm at. FYI there is a games.bestbuy.com and according to the pre-order FAQ, you should still get the Tribble/Targ bonus...Cryptic already fixed the Connie for the GameStop DDE (through trymedia), now they just need to get their act together and also fix the BestBuy DDE (through digitalriver)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightrunner View Post
Best Buy sucks so bad for pre-ordering its amazing.

The problem is, I absolutely despise Gamestop as well.

From now on its Amazon FTW!!!!!!
Amazon made me wait almost a month for a pre-order. Plus look at the fiasco on the forums right now about amazon.co.uk canceling gold editions

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=95954

Quote:
Originally Posted by protie View Post
Personally I would rather wait it out then order through steam.
How about games.bestbuy.com? They sent my wife's and my keys at midnight PST on 2/2. Now I just need to wait for Cryptic to give the correct bonuses for the Best Buy keys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talonsin View Post
I pre-ordered from BestBuy the first week of December and never got an open beta key. I called them three times and was told it was on the way and would be in my email in 24 to 72 hours. Finally the fourth time I called they told me they were out of keys and I was out of luck. I didnt call the store, this was the corporate office.
That's why I went in-store to get the physical box with beta card. Then when the CE was announced, they wouldn't let me pre-order the CE in-store because there was only one UPC on the preorder box...and they canceled my pre-order and told me to go to their website instead.