Cryptic Studios Team
We will be bringing down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update: ST.36.20140108a.7

General:
  • Reputation Powers:
    • Reverted a previous change that had given all Reputation powers shared cooldowns.
      • All Reputation Tier 5 powers have been standardized at a 5 minute individual cooldown.
      • All Tier 5 Reputation powers are unaffected by abilities which decrease cooldown time, such as Tactical Initiative.
  • "Material Files reloaded" message no longer appears when transitioning between maps.
  • All rifle butt abilities should now display weapon art for these NPCs, and properly animate.
    • Captain-rank Federation NPCs no longer have multiple weapon types (ie, Sniper Rifle AND Assault Rifle)
  • Glowing colors have been added to the Voth Heavy Armor set:
    • Green, Aqua, Blue, Purple, Magenta, Red, Yellow, Black, Grey, and White.
  • Additional VO has been added to the beginning of the KDF episode flow.
    • These were missing spots of VO throughout the episodes which Worf VO had been added to previously.

Known Issues:
  • Some bridge officers' power buttons do not display when they are in the outer-most bridge officer slots.
  • Fire at Will still does not Crit.
  • Some KDF captains cannot switch to all of their costume slots.
Captain
# 2
01-17-2014, 02:47 PM
Five minutes, eh? I approve.
Captain
# 3
01-17-2014, 02:47 PM
You know what would be excellent? Knowing exactly how progression with certain bugs are coming along.

Like Bfaw....code being completely rewritten or crits are working but procs are not...

Just more detailed status updates on bugs that are critical to the public.
EptE3+evasive maneuvers+130/100 engine power+Attack patternmega+deuterium surplus+ aux2inertial dampeners+ the biggest ship you can find = damn right
Captain
# 4
01-17-2014, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahminus View Post
You know what would be excellent? Knowing exactly how progression with certain bugs are coming along.

Like Bfaw....code being completely rewritten or crits are working but procs are not...

Just more detailed status updates on bugs that are critical to the public.
I can actually see their point in that. I wouldn't be too keen to submit my progress for micromanagement by consensus, either.
Career Officer
# 5
01-17-2014, 02:56 PM
With this update is the undone AI included or not? I would like to test them out and get a feel for them.
Ryan- RRF Engineer, R.R.W. Vadenius (Falchion Warbird)
Brenan- UFP Engineer, U.S.S. Legacy (Assault Cruiser Refit )
Brandon- UFP Science, U.S.S.Heron (Rhode Island Retrofit)
Member since launch, LoR Closed Beta round 1, Lifetimer
Empire Veteran
# 6
01-17-2014, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsnapped View Post
[*]Reverted a previous change that had given all Reputation powers shared cooldowns.
  • All Reputation Tier 5 powers have been standardized at a 5 minute individual cooldown.
  • All Tier 5 Reputation powers are unaffected by abilities which decrease cooldown time, such as Tactical Initiative.
Much better, thank you.

Community Moderator
# 7
01-17-2014, 03:01 PM
Quote:

Known Issues:
Dare I ask where this falls in terms of priority/schedule?

It's not seriously affecting my gameplay, but it is seriously annoying... and deters me from doing anything with character slots or costume purchases.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Career Officer
# 8
01-17-2014, 03:04 PM
Quote:
We will be bringing down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update: ST.36.20140108a.7

General:
  • Reputation Powers:
    • Reverted a previous change that had given all Reputation powers shared cooldowns.
  • "Material Files reloaded" message no longer appears when transitioning between maps.
  • All rifle butt abilities should now display weapon art for these NPCs, and properly animate.
    • Captain-rank Federation NPCs no longer have multiple weapon types (ie, Sniper Rifle AND Assault Rifle)
  • Glowing colors have been added to the Voth Heavy Armor set:
    • Green, Aqua, Blue, Purple, Magenta, Red, Yellow, Black, Grey, and White.
  • Additional VO has been added to the beginning of the KDF episode flow.
    • These were missing spots of VO throughout the episodes which Worf VO had been added to previously.

Known Issues:
  • Some bridge officers' power buttons do not display when they are in the outer-most bridge officer slots.
  • Fire at Will still does not Crit.
  • We probably broke something somewhere and will fix it when we can.
That's funny. On my main tactical captain I've used the Medical Nanite Cloud T5 Omega rep ability several times in the Voth Battleground, and other parts in the game, and noticed that Tactical Initiative never reduced it's cooldown. It was disappointing because it has something like a 9 or 10 minute cooldown period. I've also tried it out while in DS9 or ESD since both abilities can be activated in social zones and still Tactical Initiative never reduced the cooldown on the T5 Omega ground ability.

But I am OK with nothing reducing cooldown on the T5 rep abilities since you have standardized the length of cooldown and made it a flat 5 minutes across the board.

And thank you for listening to feedback and removing the global cooldown on them.

Also: finally you're getting rid of that "Material Files Reloaded" message.
Self Portrait
Rihannsu
# 9
01-17-2014, 03:17 PM
So, Season 8.5 launches on the 30th, yet its main feature (Ship Management System) still isn't out for testing on Tribble? Huh...

Bah, whatever. I'm sure less than two weeks is enough to test it thoroughly, right? I mean, what could possibly go wrong...?

Also, people are still experiencing missing textures and icons since Season 8 launch. But I guess since its not in the "Known Issues" section Cryptic just doesn't care that some players already stopped playing altogether because of this.

Last edited by suaveks; 01-17-2014 at 03:19 PM.
Captain
# 10
01-17-2014, 03:18 PM
Well, nice overall. Now if only those known issues were fixed.

And to be sure, after this patch, there are no longer any shared CDs between Tier 5 Rep powers, and on top of it, you reduced individual CDs of each and any of those powers to 5 mins?
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!