Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - Announcements and Release Notes
Login

Empire Veteran
# 31
01-16-2014, 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by farseeridranel View Post
What do you mean by this? Is this about Dr. Sibak and cooldown reduction for psionic powers?
I am gonna guess that is the case. Could be the DOFF was multi-proccing or something on the ability.

If that is true, hopefully they only fixed the bug, and didn't nerf the DOFF, since it affects so few things already.

Cryptic Studios Team
# 32
01-16-2014, 03:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by farseeridranel View Post
What do you mean by this? Is this about Dr. Sibak and cooldown reduction for psionic powers?
Yes. Because of the way that the Reman trait of Mind Drain functioned, it would fire off Dr. Sibak's cooldown reduction multiple times. This bug has been resolved. No other changes should occur with respect to the amount of time that the Vulcan Adept active roster power applies for cooldown reduction.
Commander
# 33
01-16-2014, 04:07 AM
Just add a "SHUT UP, TOVAN!" dialogue option at any of his interactions and that's it.
Ensign
# 34
01-16-2014, 06:07 AM
Quote:
it is extremely unlikely that we will ever make him dismissable
Can you just give him Superior Romulan Operative then so he isn't a wasted boff slot and is worth using?
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-16-2014, 06:20 AM
All this nerfing is slowing the pace of the game. One thing comes to mind is the Galaxy X's famed Spinal Phaser Lance isn't as powerful as it used to be. (Nerfed)

This was the intial tralier for the Galaxy X (Dreadnought Cruiser)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX40S...detailpage#t=5

The ship dosen't perform like that now^

And using its onscreen appearance as a reference the galaxy x's phaser lance fire a total of 5/7 times until the the primary negh'var was destroyed. Admitedly none of those shots targeted the warp core directly.

The Galaxy X Dreadnought Canon on screen appearance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0R0m...tailpage#t=122
Republic Veteran
# 36
01-16-2014, 07:35 AM
So many complaints about stuff broken in PVP, but seems to not matter in PVE.

Would it not be better to break offf PVP under its own set of rules and leave PVE alone.

PVP needs to have a none elitist queue where DOFFs and Universal.console are disabled.

This way all players could have some PVP fun and not just the ones with several hundred millions in DOFFs.

PVP needs to have a change on all queues where weapons, shields and all ship equipment cannot be changed.

No more cloak hide or running to change a load just to have the advantage

Last edited by blakes7tvseries; 01-16-2014 at 07:38 AM.
Career Officer
# 37
01-16-2014, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
It's still useful, it's just no longer an "I win" button. Seriously.... before it'd make a small armada of shuttle/fighters explode almost simultaneously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
You can thank PvPers for that.
I'm not a PvPer. There are days where I think PvP should die in a fire. But I like this change because it was very much an "I Win" button and takes a lot of the fun out of small-craft combat.

Edit:

After reading F2PDrakon's explanations:

2 Beam Array-S's and a copy of BFAW1 is, in my experience much better and more effective when fighting other small-craft than the PD console, not least because BFAW1 is on a 30 second CD as opposed to the 3 minutes of the PD console.

The queued events...are really badly implemented. The Vault's timer should really be an optional instead of a fail-condition and the Rhi Atmosphere event is just a badly designed map as most of my problems playing either version have come from getting hung up on invisible walls.

Last edited by canis36; 01-16-2014 at 08:43 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 38
01-16-2014, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jheinig View Post
Yes. Because of the way that the Reman trait of Mind Drain functioned, it would fire off Dr. Sibak's cooldown reduction multiple times. This bug has been resolved. No other changes should occur with respect to the amount of time that the Vulcan Adept active roster power applies for cooldown reduction.
Thought so.

Alright, as long as it's just that, just a bug fix. Probably won't cause too much of a stink, I barely know of anyone who even uses that DOFF.

Lieutenant
# 39
01-16-2014, 10:46 AM
Enough with the shuttle crap and fix fire at will.
Rihannsu
# 40
01-16-2014, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canis36 View Post
I'm not a PvPer. There are days where I think PvP should die in a fire. But I like this change because it was very much an "I Win" button and takes a lot of the fun out of small-craft combat.

Edit:

After reading F2PDrakon's explanations:

2 Beam Array-S's and a copy of BFAW1 is, in my experience much better and more effective when fighting other small-craft than the PD console, not least because BFAW1 is on a 30 second CD as opposed to the 3 minutes of the PD console.

The queued events...are really badly implemented. The Vault's timer should really be an optional instead of a fail-condition and the Rhi Atmosphere event is just a badly designed map as most of my problems playing either version have come from getting hung up on invisible walls.
Well, yes and no. That's a very common tactic to use as your primary weapon. And to hold the PDS in reserve. Using PDS at close range will usually(as it is now) destroy the other craft before it can move out of range.

For the last wave of Operation Gamma you need to take out a swarm of space creatures that's several dozen strong. the PDS console can obliterate them all in seconds. Guess what it does in shuttle vs shuttle PvP?
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.