Lt. Commander
# 11
02-02-2010, 11:10 AM
I must be the only person on the planet who actually likes the theme song for Enterprise.

It strikes me as the voice of humanity, just setting out into the galaxy, reflecting back on all the accomplishments its taken to get to that point and restating thier conviction to achieve their ultimate destiny.

The sophistiocated orchestral arrangements don't seem as particularly appropriate for the stage humanity is at during the events of the series. Later, when Humanity/The Federation are sophisitcated and advanced the TNG/DS9/VOY themes work, and I'm sure they if they had gone that way for Enterprise, nothing would be missed. As it is though, I think the theme song sets a purposeful tone for the series, and it works.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-02-2010, 11:23 AM
I always liked Enterprise. It was fun to see the start of Starfleet and humanities exploration of space. The only thing I hated was the third season. Sure it had some good episodes but the whole Xindi thing and a "temporal cold war" was pretty stupid IMO. Especially when they basically told Archer all about how the Federation was founded and basically turned the most important event in Star Trek history into another stupid time paradox.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-02-2010, 11:28 AM
I liked the theme song too. I wasn't the biggest fan, ST:E is on the bottom of my series list, but its still Star Trek. Even the worst Star Trek is hands above what a lot of sci-fi shows try to be, particularly in the movie department.

Now I actually liked the stranded vulcans episode, but my big problem with the series was they seemed to take the Trek theme of addressing the issues of today and kinda went over board. It was laid on too heavy to be enjoyable, yes the post 9-11 world should be addressed, but they took it to far. There wasn't any veil over it, you could totally tell the Klingons were supposed to be the Russians and the Romulans were Commmunist China, but it wasn't shoved down you throat like the Suliban and the Xindi were.

Star Trek is supposed to be a break from today while still making you think, ST:E did that a little to hard adn it back fired.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-02-2010, 11:31 AM
It's a fantastic show that is only rivaled by TNG (though for entirely different reasons) and should never have been cancelled. Such a shame that it was.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-02-2010, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabbldets
So I am watching it for the first time and so far I am enjoying it. Its very different to the others but enjoyable.

Only thing I find though is that they seemed to decide after 7 of 9 that they must have a hot woman in tight clothes doing things which show off her assets. Nothing wrong with some eye candy but they seem to go out of their way to show it.

T'Pol spends a lot of the show in her tank top or in situations where they can show off her shilouette.....its kinda funny to watch it.

And now I am on the episode where they talk about the first contact - three vulcans who crash on earth in the 50's....christ...this is bad. Hoping season 2 gets better.
Season 2 is pretty good Not sure why you aint enjoying season 2 though, i really enjoyed it ,

anyway, the cliff hanger and season three are absolutly out of this world.Its one great big story. You will be blowna away
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-02-2010, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astarhawk64 View Post
I liked the theme song too. I wasn't the biggest fan, ST:E is on the bottom of my series list, but its still Star Trek. Even the worst Star Trek is hands above what a lot of sci-fi shows try to be, particularly in the movie department.

Now I actually liked the stranded vulcans episode, but my big problem with the series was they seemed to take the Trek theme of addressing the issues of today and kinda went over board. It was laid on too heavy to be enjoyable, yes the post 9-11 world should be addressed, but they took it to far. There wasn't any veil over it, you could totally tell the Klingons were supposed to be the Russians and the Romulans were Commmunist China, but it wasn't shoved down you throat like the Suliban and the Xindi were.

Star Trek is supposed to be a break from today while still making you think, ST:E did that a little to hard adn it back fired.
I didn't make those connections... I don't try to see real world implications when watching star trek, I just take it for the fantasy that it is even though it might be based on real life stuff. It's not why I watch the show or love it. I just thought the Xindi arc was cool because of how it was structured. A single awesome but technologically inferior ship trying to stop an entire alien armada from destroying earth with an advanced superweapon while dodging spacial anomalies and other hostile races? That's ****ing cool.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-02-2010, 11:39 AM
I am only two episodes into season 2

Guess it is a little early to say whether it is good or not, maybe it was just the 2 part season finale followed by the vulcans in time episode which threw me, kinda swinging from up high to slow down, episode three starting now
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-02-2010, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keshay View Post
I must be the only person on the planet who actually likes the theme song for Enterprise.

It strikes me as the voice of humanity, just setting out into the galaxy, reflecting back on all the accomplishments its taken to get to that point and restating thier conviction to achieve their ultimate destiny.

The sophistiocated orchestral arrangements don't seem as particularly appropriate for the stage humanity is at during the events of the series. Later, when Humanity/The Federation are sophisitcated and advanced the TNG/DS9/VOY themes work, and I'm sure they if they had gone that way for Enterprise, nothing would be missed. As it is though, I think the theme song sets a purposeful tone for the series, and it works.
Nah Keshay, you're not. I LOVE the theme song to Enterprise for just the reasons you stated. This show is fascinating to me because it tries to be "nostalgic about the past" while at the same time being science fiction. I think this song (at least in the first two seasons) sets this up really well...especially with the excellent montage.

As for the show, the only season I really hate is 2. It's the one that's guilty of a lot of rehashed plots and tedious episodes. Season 1 is good because it sets up the show and, honestly, you can't enjoy the character development from the main cast without watching the first season.

It is very underrated IMO and they cancelled it just when it was becoming great.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-02-2010, 12:41 PM
I loved season 4, it was very well written (with the exception of the last episode, that can DIAF). I did enjoy the characters of that series. I found myself a big fan of Andorians thanks to Jeffery Combs' portrayal. Also Trip was my favorite character in the series.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-02-2010, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orochiserge View Post
I loved season 4, it was very well written (with the exception of the last episode, that can DIAF). I did enjoy the characters of that series. I found myself a big fan of Andorians thanks to Jeffery Combs' portrayal. Also Trip was my favorite character in the series.
I've loved every character Coombs played...expecially Liquidator Brunt. AWESOME character.