Rihannsu
# 21
01-15-2014, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by luihime View Post
Yea not even the 480 dilithium was rewarded, so that nice little story about how people in this game who AFK don't get rewards... Only expertise points were rewarded, no drops, no dilithium. What was that about again?

You don't anymore BECAUSE this system is in place. Before, when it wasn't, people did it ALL the time. Which is why there is now a 2 hour penalty

You got the XP because that is awarded as the mission progresses, not in a lump sum at the end of the match
@deniedexistence
Commander
# 22
01-15-2014, 05:22 PM
If you do go, can I have your stuffs?

I will call cryptic ebil if you want
"I am a travelor of both time and space to be where I have been"
Captain
# 23
01-15-2014, 05:24 PM
I still maintain that it is unreasonable this nonsense is applied to PRIVATE matches, where everyone agrees on what the correct behavior is and do not need some arbitrary external standard applied to a private game. The entire point of a private game is so that we can play the way WE want, not to have arbitrarily rules of play imposed by whining morons.
Career Officer
# 24
01-15-2014, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazinger2010 View Post
Again, I'm not against having a penalty, but seriously, 2hrs is a LARGE chunk out of the day.
so basically you are an inconsiderate jerk who thinks going afk in any sort of scenario is acceptable. all you had to do was close the damn game so you would onto incur a penalty AND open a slot for another person in queue.. but noo, it's all about YOU isn't it. are you one of the jerks who just run point to pint in Dyson to get credit for captures you don't participate in?

as far as leaving a match, stuff happens. I don't really do long term events because our comcast connection randomly brainfarts and we lose connectivity. you wanna know how annoying it is to get the damn borg command ship to 5% and then poof! you get the dreaded disconnect from the server message?
No to T5 Constitution No to T5 Miranda No to Arc Yes to a Federation Frigate Pet

Last edited by annemarie30; 01-15-2014 at 05:28 PM.
Ensign
# 25
01-15-2014, 05:29 PM
Doffing brings up my next point, we are unable to open up our OWN private matches with that team for 2 hrs, again, a penalty nonfunctional.

Annemarie, condescension will get you nowhere. Also exiting the game/match would still incur the penalty to my understanding. If I'm incorrect please correct me on this.
Survivor of Romulus
# 26
01-15-2014, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by luihime View Post
Yea not even the 480 dilithium was rewarded, so that nice little story about how people in this game who AFK don't get rewards... Only expertise points were rewarded, no drops, no dilithium. What was that about again?
That was the AFK penalty at work, stripping the AFKer of rewards. Working as intended, love.

Quote:
Annemarie, condescension will get you nowhere.
It'll get you farther than pounding your chest about being a paying customer and demanding refunds.

Last edited by aloishammer; 01-15-2014 at 05:33 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-15-2014, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Again, I'm not against having a penalty, but seriously, 2hrs is a LARGE chunk out of the day.
They can use that time to think if its worth going for that soda or what not next time.

If your going to queue for something get your s*** together before you queue

*t
*u
*f
*f
Captain
# 28
01-15-2014, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Doffing brings up my next point, we are unable to open up our OWN private matches with that team for 2 hrs, again, a penalty nonfunctional.

Annemarie, condescension will get you nowhere. Also exiting the game/match would still incur the penalty to my understanding. If I'm incorrect please correct me on this.
It would incur a leaver penalty as opposed to an AFK penalty.
LtGen. Mara Navar, IKS Rozhenko, Mogh Battle-Cruiser (Orion, KDF Tactical Officer)
VADM T'Prel Movar, RRW Imperator Scimitar Warbird (Fed-Romulan Tactical Officer) - Commissar - Fleet Executive Officer Armageddon Steel Legion
VADM Genestra, USS Audacious, Venture-X Dreadnaught (Betazoid, Fed Engineering Officer)
VADM Lenara Jomm, USS Heraclitus, Vesta Class (Joined Trill, Fed Science Officer)
Rihannsu
# 29
01-15-2014, 05:34 PM
Quote:

It depends on what point you leave a match.

If you are the first or second to leave and it's before 15 mins since it started, you will get a 1 hour penalty

If you are the third to fifth player to leave before 15 mins, you will not get a penalty

If you are marked as AFK (no moving, buffing, creating damage to NPC opponents), you get a 2 hour penalty

If you private a match, you do NOT get a leaver penalty, but you can get a afk penalty from what I understand ( I have not ever seen anyone AFK in a private match, mostly cause the players I form private matches with aren't douchebags)
@deniedexistence
Republic Veteran
# 30
01-15-2014, 05:35 PM
Sounds like the OP is an AFK Troll who finally realiized that he can't AFK Farm anymore.

Working As Intended! WOO.
-------------
ISE ISE Ba-bee. "If you got the Borg yo... I'll solve 'em check out this shot while my torpedos dissolve 'em"