Lt. Commander
# 1 Question about C-Store Races
02-02-2010, 10:39 AM
I know everyone is PO'd about the Klingon and Ferengi being in the C-Store. I honestly don't see what the fuss is about, it's like $7 for 500 points, and combined the price for both races is, what? 320 points?

Anywho, this thread's not about that, it's about what these races do for you.

I already have a character, he's human male, the race I've been planning to play since day one. As I understand it, most of us already have our characters made, so why would anyone purchase a race? For an alt? The only reason I can see is if these races can be used for Bridge officers. If they can, I would love to have a Klingon BO, even a Ferengi would be interesting.

Anyway, anyone know if this is the case?

Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester238 View Post
I know everyone is PO'd about the Klingon and Ferengi being in the C-Store. I honestly don't see what the fuss is about, it's like $7 for 500 points, and combined the price for both races is, what? 320 points?

I already have a character, he's human male, the race I've been planning to play since day one. As I understand it, most of us already have our characters made, so why would anyone purchase a race? For an alt? The only reason I can see is if these races can be used for Bridge officers. If they can, I would love to have a Klingon BO, even a Ferengi would be interesting.

Thanks.
There are Klingon and Ferengi bridge officers for sale on the exchange.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 11:12 AM
First off its an extra that isnt needed to play the game, so if you dont want to play one of those then don't worry about it. Second a big part of most mmos is trying out the different race/job combinations, so if I want to make a new character now I can have a couple more options.

Personally I hope to have more ship models available, if they have to be in the c-store I'd pay for an Excelsior class, I love that ship design.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester238 View Post

Thanks.

I agree - as long as the C-Store keeps to cosmetic stuff. I'm still waiting to see what an extra character slot is going to cost.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2010, 11:19 AM
I think you can requisition Klingon Bridge Officers from the Personnel Department on Star Base. No cryptic points needed. Not sure about Ferengi.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-02-2010, 11:32 AM
Male ferengi engineers and female ferengi science officers are available for starfleet merits at the Sol starbase.

Girlfriend got a male ferengi tactical officer last night via the automatic officer assignment every few levels. Don't recall seeing one available at the Sol starbase though.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-02-2010, 11:35 AM
I've got a female Ferengi Science BO already.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-02-2010, 11:37 AM
Great!

Thanks for the info guys.

And yea, I have no problems with micro-transactions as long as their impact is minor.
I see it as a way for the devs to get more funding for development, more profit means more dev money.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-02-2010, 11:39 AM
you guys don't get it.

It's not bridge officers for sale, it is playable races for the federation. So you can be a Klingon Federation or Ferangi Federation PLAYER.....

Not BOff's
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-02-2010, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroK0ol View Post
you guys don't get it.

It's not bridge officers for sale, it is playable races for the federation. So you can be a Klingon Federation or Ferangi Federation PLAYER.....

Not BOff's
Errr...

Finish reading the OP's post. He was asking about BOs.