Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Retail Box, and Bonus Ship
02-01-2010, 06:36 PM
Kinda a let down that the only gamestop is 2 states away that is doing a 12:01 event but not that big of a deal. Actually had a few questions for those in the "know" or even those in the "think"..

So I could have take part in the Head Start but did not because I really wanted to launch with all my goodies after the tutorial ( please no troll comments I have already heard it ) but was wondering when I do finally get my collectors box tomorrow since I have been doing the patches just not playing the head start will I have to install anything other than the retail code in the box ?? and goodies codes ??


And and a kinda silly question ... it says that after about 20 hours ( more for me due to my incessant stopping and smelling the roses) I will rank up to the next ship level, but was hoping I would still be able to take out the old enterprise to show some of my friends that do not play sto.. alright alright and to geek out now and again .. ??

Thanks for any info
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-01-2010, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Usagi View Post
...but was wondering when I do finally get my collectors box tomorrow since I have been doing the patches just not playing the head start will I have to install anything other than the retail code in the box ?? and goodies codes ??
You should not need to install anything. You will just need to activate your retail key. You can activate your key by clicking the link in my signature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Usagi View Post
And and a kinda silly question ... it says that after about 20 hours ( more for me due to my incessant stopping and smelling the roses) I will rank up to the next ship level, but was hoping I would still be able to take out the old enterprise to show some of my friends that do not play sto.. alright alright and to geek out now and again .. ??
What's your question? I think you're asking if, after you rank up, can you still use your constitution class ship. Yes, so long as you don't decommission it. However, in-game it will become outclassed once you move on to LtCmdr.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-01-2010, 07:31 PM
Question: I did gametop too for the ship, but have been doing headstart too and am almost to ltCmdr.
Can I get my special constitution still (do I have to pay for it or something)?
AND
If I make a new character down the road, will they be able to use the ship too? Or is it a one time use kind of thing.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-01-2010, 07:39 PM
In my experience with beta testing and headstarts you should uninstall your copy of the game before you reinstall from the disks. it probably wont cause problems right away but everytime ive been in a beta/headstart and stayed for launch (5 times maybe?) problems have arisen within the first 2 months mainly instability type problems that no one else has till i reinstalled. so i started uninstalling and reinstalling from the disks to stop the probable problems before they start. but as the previous poster replied yes you can just put in your retail code and fly away...but im going to uninstall first. better safe than sorry.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-01-2010, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredkipe View Post
Question: I did gametop too for the ship, but have been doing headstart too and am almost to ltCmdr.
Can I get my special constitution still (do I have to pay for it or something)?
It should be available to you at the shipyard (presumably) once you've activated your retail key.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredkipe View Post
If I make a new character down the road, will they be able to use the ship too? Or is it a one time use kind of thing.
It should remain available to you, the player, not your character.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-02-2010, 10:52 AM
Thanks for the info
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:21 AM.