Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
I received my Collectors Edition version of the game, which I must say is very well done. The packaging is sleek - there is a 3D image and a magnetized flap. The art booklet is beautiful! A class job, all the way!

My only complaint is that the combadge does not work. I put it on and tapped it, but nothing happened. I said, "Captain Heisenfram to bridge!" but there was no response. There is no "deedle de deet" sound when I touch it. Nothing. It is dead as a doornail. For $80, I should be getting a fully-functional combadge. Has anyone else gotten theirs to work?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-02-2010, 10:53 AM
Hmmm...

Sounds like a line in "Launch Day Blues"
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-02-2010, 10:53 AM
Funny. Seriously though, can you post a pic?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-02-2010, 10:54 AM
I hope you aren't being serious. In fact I know you aren't.








RIght?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-02-2010, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heisenfram
I received my Collectors Edition version of the game, which I must say is very well done. The packaging is sleek - there is a 3D image and a magnetized flap. The art booklet is beautiful! A class job, all the way!

My only complaint is that the combadge does not work. I put it on and tapped it, but nothing happened. I said, "Captain Heisenfram to bridge!" but there was no response. There is no "deedle de deet" sound when I touch it. Nothing. It is dead as a doornail. For $80, I should be getting a fully-functional combadge. Has anyone else gotten theirs to work?
Yes, I was just beamed up and I'm having a pleasant discussion about golf with my doctor.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-02-2010, 10:56 AM
NO metal communicator works. However there are soundboards you can pin under the communicator and your shirt. http://starland.com/catalog/product_...roducts_id=160 Unfortunately it's not the original sound.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7 Comfy room!
02-02-2010, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GavrielBlack View Post
Yes, I was just beamed up and I'm having a pleasant discussion about golf with my doctor.
Let me guess, the 1st thing your Doctor did before discussing Golf with you, is put you in a straight-jacket and welcome you into a nice room with padded walls, right???
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-02-2010, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heisenfram
I received my Collectors Edition version of the game, which I must say is very well done. The packaging is sleek - there is a 3D image and a magnetized flap. The art booklet is beautiful! A class job, all the way!

My only complaint is that the combadge does not work. I put it on and tapped it, but nothing happened. I said, "Captain Heisenfram to bridge!" but there was no response. There is no "deedle de deet" sound when I touch it. Nothing. It is dead as a doornail. For $80, I should be getting a fully-functional combadge. Has anyone else gotten theirs to work?
A combadge? In my day sonny, we had to pick up a device, flip it open, and yell into it. We kept it next to the onion on our belts, but that's not important. It was called a communicator. It had little lights, and buttons on it. The communicator, not the onion. The onion was a regular yellow onion because we couldn't afford red ones, and vidalias weren't invented yet. Oh, the other cadets with red onions would make fun of us, but they got their comeuppance when a new kid walked in with a vidalia tied to his belt!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-02-2010, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heisenfram
I received my Collectors Edition version of the game, which I must say is very well done. The packaging is sleek - there is a 3D image and a magnetized flap. The art booklet is beautiful! A class job, all the way!

My only complaint is that the combadge does not work. I put it on and tapped it, but nothing happened. I said, "Captain Heisenfram to bridge!" but there was no response. There is no "deedle de deet" sound when I touch it. Nothing. It is dead as a doornail. For $80, I should be getting a fully-functional combadge. Has anyone else gotten theirs to work?
as with most shipped battery powered things did you remove the insulator tab from the battery compartment to activate it?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-02-2010, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfPit View Post
Let me guess, the 1st thing your Doctor did before discussing Golf with you, is put you in a straight-jacket and welcome you into a nice room with padded walls, right???
He said it was for my own protection, he says I'm allowed ice cream and jelly after dinner. I like ice cream jelly :3
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:19 PM.