Lt. Commander
# 11 Batteries Not Included
02-02-2010, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heisenfram
I received my Collectors Edition version of the game, which I must say is very well done. The packaging is sleek - there is a 3D image and a magnetized flap. The art booklet is beautiful! A class job, all the way!

My only complaint is that the combadge does not work. I put it on and tapped it, but nothing happened. I said, "Captain Heisenfram to bridge!" but there was no response. There is no "deedle de deet" sound when I touch it. Nothing. It is dead as a doornail. For $80, I should be getting a fully-functional combadge. Has anyone else gotten theirs to work?
If you read the packaging carefully you'll notice the "Batteries not included" line in the small print. Your Comm Badge requires 3 AAAE triple dylithium tricobalt declathium batteries, which should be available at any corner store in the 25th century.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Tar
NO metal communicator works. However there are soundboards you can pin under the communicator and your shirt. http://starland.com/catalog/product_...roducts_id=160 Unfortunately it's not the original sound.
Bah forget those...

These actually work: http://www.amazon.com/Star-Trek-Comm.../dp/B000ERGGN4
Lt. Commander
# 13
quite clearly you need to immediataly demand a full refund from cryptic for this,

then sue them

then sue them again.

i'm sure the packaging said "metal communicator" and at no point stated it was a non-functioning replica!

you've been nickle and dimed sir, and deserve recompense!!

(man, i hope the OP was being sarcastic, otherwise this post will get all the wrong attention XD)
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-02-2010, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
If you read the packaging carefully you'll notice the "Batteries not included" line in the small print. Your Comm Badge requires 3 AAAE triple dylithium tricobalt declathium batteries, which should be available at any corner store in the 25th century.

Thanks,

Stormshade
ROFL. That was awesome.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-02-2010, 11:01 AM
Quote:

Thanks,

Stormshade
only a few years to wait then lol.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-02-2010, 11:03 AM
Quote:

Thanks,

Stormshade
hey wait... dilithium, tricobalt and decalithium... that sounds more like explosives!!

one could easily create a time-warp with such materials!
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-02-2010, 11:03 AM
Almost wish Stormshade could reply like that to a few other threads running rampant on the boards today.

Maybe the combadge has inductive charging and you need to place it on top of your computer for like say .. a week?
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-02-2010, 11:04 AM
Quote:
... 3 AAAE triple dylithium tricobalt declathium batteries...
I'm glad you're the community guy and not someone writing missions.
Lt. Commander
# 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonDragn View Post
Bah forget those...

These actually work: http://www.amazon.com/Star-Trek-Comm.../dp/B000ERGGN4
lol have you seen how big those things are? seriously.. they're like the size of my HEAD!
Lt. Commander
# 20
Quote:
... Your Comm Badge requires 3 AAAE triple dylithium tricobalt declathium batteries, which should be available at any corner store in the 25th century.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Thanks Storm, I will save up my Cryptic points for the batteries. Please share my compliments on the CE packaging to the appropriate folks on your team...