Lt. Commander
# 21
02-02-2010, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heisenfram
I received my Collectors Edition version of the game, which I must say is very well done. The packaging is sleek - there is a 3D image and a magnetized flap. The art booklet is beautiful! A class job, all the way!

My only complaint is that the combadge does not work. I put it on and tapped it, but nothing happened. I said, "Captain Heisenfram to bridge!" but there was no response. There is no "deedle de deet" sound when I touch it. Nothing. It is dead as a doornail. For $80, I should be getting a fully-functional combadge. Has anyone else gotten theirs to work?
heck for that price it could have at least had blue tooth in it to use with my I-Phone.
Lt. Commander
# 22 Walmart has it all!
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
If you read the packaging carefully you'll notice the "Batteries not included" line in the small print. Your Comm Badge requires 3 AAAE triple dylithium tricobalt declathium batteries, which should be available at any corner store in the 25th century.

Thanks,

Stormshade
That's it!!!!!! I'm right now calling Walmart and buying a load of dylithium tricobalt declathium batteries from them because I refuse to be forced to grind in MMO's! Not cool, very not cool, ATARI/Cryptic!

This post is sarcastic on purpose, reader be warned!
Lt. Commander
# 23
/applause entertaining thread
Lt. Commander
# 24
This thread is full of win!
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarioth
A combadge? In my day sonny, we had to pick up a device, flip it open, and yell into it. We kept it next to the onion on our belts, but that's not important. It was called a communicator. It had little lights, and buttons on it. The communicator, not the onion. The onion was a regular yellow onion because we couldn't afford red ones, and vidalias weren't invented yet. Oh, the other cadets with red onions would make fun of us, but they got their comeuppance when a new kid walked in with a vidalia tied to his belt!
LMAO! This is priceless!
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-02-2010, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GavrielBlack View Post
lol have you seen how big those things are? seriously.. they're like the size of my HEAD!
Hey nobody said they were to scale! Seriously though, It isn't that hard to make a real communicator pin with a blue tooth connection. Just get a blue tooth wireless microphone and modify it behind the pin. Then use a blue tooth capable device like your phone to talk to other people.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-02-2010, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarioth
A combadge? In my day sonny, we had to pick up a device, flip it open, and yell into it. We kept it next to the onion on our belts, but that's not important. It was called a communicator. It had little lights, and buttons on it. The communicator, not the onion. The onion was a regular yellow onion because we couldn't afford red ones, and vidalias weren't invented yet. Oh, the other cadets with red onions would make fun of us, but they got their comeuppance when a new kid walked in with a vidalia tied to his belt!
I lol'd, and apparently "I lol'd" is not a long enough message so this is filler.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-02-2010, 11:08 AM
I'm planning on pursuing legal action as well.

I might make 4 or 5 complaint threads with my sock accounts, then I might say I cancelled my preorder, even though I already bought the damn game.

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-02-2010, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Funny. Seriously though, can you post a pic?
Here you go:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/42392983@N04/4325275557
http://www.flickr.com/photos/42392983@N04/4325275585
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-02-2010, 11:12 AM
Now you just need to eat some of those cereal thingys and order ur self a trekkie shirt!