Lt. Commander
# 11
02-02-2010, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lirethion View Post
As Primarily a Klingon Player and I do have a Federation character as well, I have noticed a severe lack of sportmanship be it win or loose I always say good fight or GF. Now lately I have noticed alot of the federation simply just don't say it unless they win. maybe it is just the fact that I grew up being polite using manners and all that and the military helped ingrain the Courtesy into me even more but the fact is seems those two things are sorely lacking in PvP now days.
honestly i'd prefer the silence rather than the chestbeating that occurs quite often. (e.g. "omg l2p noob feds") The internet's an interesting place where you can be an arse and not have to deal with any real consequences
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-02-2010, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichibot
honestly i'd prefer the silence rather than the chestbeating that occurs quite often. (e.g. "omg l2p noob feds") The internet's an interesting place where you can be an arse and not have to deal with any real consequences
Because if you win then the other team sucks and if you lose they were obviously cheating.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-02-2010, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krizonar
The Klingon team I faced in PVP was a bit "lacking" in honor, after they won, they did dance emotes and gloated.
it WAS funny though, so I didn't personally mind. Seeing a Klingon do the running man and comment with "oh yeah! oh yeah!" made me completely forget I lost.
I usually dance with the feds after a match, win or lose. No reason for us all to be hostile, I do it for good fun
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-02-2010, 08:53 PM
Quote:
As Primarily a Klingon Player and I do have a Federation character as well, I have noticed a severe lack of sportmanship be it win or loose I always say good fight or GF. Now lately I have noticed alot of the federation simply just don't say it unless they win. maybe it is just the fact that I grew up being polite using manners and all that and the military helped ingrain the Courtesy into me even more but the fact is seems those two things are sorely lacking in PvP now days.
Hehe I feel silly, been playing MMO's for years and I thought that GF=girlfriend.

It always confused me as to why people made mention of a girlfriend after a fight.:p
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-02-2010, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suraka View Post
Hehe I feel silly, been playing MMO's for years and I thought that GF=girlfriend.

It always confused me as to why people made mention of a girlfriend after a fight.:p
Now that was funny as hell
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-02-2010, 09:01 PM
this goes for both sides. Ive hand klingons running around calling me names I havnt heard since grade school, and spamming chat with bad language, boo-hooing, and general stupidity. Its just a game, and I dont see why people have to get so worked up over it. If it makes you that upset, take a deep breath, turn the game off, and go have a smoke.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-02-2010, 09:19 PM
I feel all games are good myself, win or lose, cause if you lose you should be learning something(minus the power lvlers, which is another post all together). If my team runs into a seriously good match up, then its damned good match/fight whatever. But then again thats just me.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-02-2010, 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamz
You must be new to the internet.

Regardless, I only say "good fight" or "gg" if it was an exceptionally good match.

Saying "gf" when you win 15 to 0 (or 40 to 5) is generally seen as "rubbing it in" and plenty of people use it with exactly that intended meaning. Similarly, if my team gets totally crushed I don't say "gg" because, well, it wasn't. If I lose 40 to 38 or 15 to 14 or something then it's time for "gg".

A good gamer hates to lose. Show me someone who's good at losing gracefully and I'll show you someone who's been getting a little too much practice at it.
I win pretty regularly at PvP, but i lose my share as well. I make it a point to offer my appreciation for a good fight when it's over. I could just as easily rub it in, but what's the point. I can win just as gracefully as I lose. It's all in good fun in the end.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-02-2010, 11:16 PM
Quote:
A lot of federation never go beyond 3km of each other. They are too busy grabbing asses to high five the other team and wish them good game.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-02-2010, 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lx31
A lot of federation never go beyond 3km of each other. They are too busy grabbing asses to high five the other team and wish them good game.
Hey I always gg/gf even it wasn't too fair, just out of habit and what's wrong with grabbing arses? Fed arses are pretty decent.