Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-02-2010, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheem View Post
From my experience in Tier1, I think the light cruiser really just needs a better turn radius.

Federation players might have 75-150 Exploration Badges by level 6, but they certainly won't have much in the way of Energy Credits. PvP is far and away the best way to earn Energy Credits in this game. It's the sole reason I had one of every T3 ship in Beta, and plenty more Credits lying around unused.
I played my fed for a few hours last night from 1-6, and I was able to complete the star cluster mission 3-4 times, and SB24 3 times, and I still have plenty of missions I could get even more from. I got blue engines and a green mod from SB24 (I did 2x as much damage as anyone else with stock mk2 beams and torps, and someone said I was hacking... just to show the skill of new feds). I wasted money on ground loot and I wasted one of my star cluster rewards on dual beam arrays forgetting you can't really broad side with them on a Miranda.

I have comparable gear, and I don't think the gear suggestion is right. I have all mod slots full. I haven't been "grinding" anything. Just do the cluster mission when it pops up, and SB24 once every couple hours.

I do agree that perhaps they went too far with the BoP hull once they took battle cloak away. Even with tractor beam a BoP can out maneuver my miranda with full power to weapons so I know I need to work on my fed power levels, but I think the BoP might have a slight edge starting with the most powerful weapons in the tier. I'm trying to develop strategies to get out of the firing arc of a T1 BoP though.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-02-2010, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonster
I played my fed for a few hours last night from 1-6, and I was able to complete the star cluster mission 3-4 times, and SB24 3 times, and I still have plenty of missions I could get even more from. I got blue engines and a green mod from SB24 (I did 2x as much damage as anyone else with stock mk2 beams and torps, and someone said I was hacking... just to show the skill of new feds). I wasted money on ground loot and I wasted one of my star cluster rewards on dual beam arrays forgetting you can't really broad side with them on a Miranda.

I have comparable gear, and I don't think the gear suggestion is right. I have all mod slots full. I haven't been "grinding" anything. Just do the cluster mission when it pops up, and SB24 once every couple hours.

I do agree that perhaps they went too far with the BoP hull once they took battle cloak away. Even with tractor beam a BoP can out maneuver my miranda with full power to weapons so I know I need to work on my fed power levels, but I think the BoP might have a slight edge starting with the most powerful weapons in the tier. I'm trying to develop strategies to get out of the firing arc of a T1 BoP though.
I think we need more pvp oriented players to do this, because there will soon be a lot of people who really don't know where to turn.

Good work man.