Lt. Commander
# 21
02-02-2010, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anduinova
HOLY CRAP!

I want some friggin ANSWERS on this!

My card was charged for over TWO-HUNDRED DOLLARS!!!!!!!!! I only attempted to pay a one month recurring fee!!!!!

Now my friggin bank account is overdrawn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want some answers RIGHT NOW! I want a phone number to contact. I want this fixed RIGHT NOW!
I recommend you doing is contact the retailer you purchased the download from as we cannot assist you with purchases not made directly with Cryptic studios. Cryptic studios can only assist with issues regrading subscription billing, product purchases directly from Star Trek Online, C-Store purchases, and technical support issues.

If you did purchase this directly from Cryptic studios or StarTrekOnline.com please contact our billing department for assistance.

http://www.startrekonline.com/support
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-02-2010, 12:10 PM
yeah I had this happen with SWG and I had like ten charges on my Visa.

They did sort it out for me but it was a shock to see $150 worth of charges. Now I have tried multiple times as well and no charges showed up on my visa...yet
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-02-2010, 12:14 PM
Quote:
HOLY CRAP!

I want some friggin ANSWERS on this!

My card was charged for over TWO-HUNDRED DOLLARS!!!!!!!!! I only attempted to pay a one month recurring fee!!!!!

Now my friggin bank account is overdrawn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want some answers RIGHT NOW! I want a phone number to contact. I want this fixed RIGHT NOW!
Needs more exclamations.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-02-2010, 12:35 PM
Quote:
WRONG.

It charged my card TWICE for the game itself....which I downloaded. $120.00

Then, everytime I went to enter in my subscription, I got a FAIL error. But they charged my card EVERY time. And I tried 7 times.

So you can call as much ******** as you want. The card IS being processed, but it won't activate my account, and every time through it charges me again. I want my friggin money back.
I think I need to ask you an obvious question.

What website are you using to activate your subscription? Is it the official website? Are you sure that it is the official website? I wouldn't be surprised to learn that you found a random scamming website and are giving them tons of money.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-02-2010, 01:03 PM
Anyone check the post at the top of page 2. You know, the one from a person with Cryptic? Sounds like a billing snafu. Personal recommendations for when you get through to a person:

1) Avoid rudeness or foul language to the CSR you get. CSR's will do more for a polite person than a rude one.
2) State the problem clearly and in a straight forward manner.
3) Explain what you need to have them do to fix things.
4) Have all information at hand, such as Cryptic account details, retail keys, bank account info, etc.
5) If they don't offer you something extra by way of compensation make a few pointed suggestions.
6) If you don't get satisfaction, don't yell. Ask for a supervisor.
7) If all else fails, do an EECB. That almost always succeeds.

Good luck

ps. EECB - Executive Email Carpet Bomb, its where you spam all the upper management people with emails of the problem.