Lt. Commander
# 1 STO gone from Steam game list
02-02-2010, 11:14 AM
Hi

Fired up Steam this evening and STO is not on my Steam games list.
All of the game files are there though and I can run the game and log in.
Can't get my CD key though, as you have to get that by right clicking the game in the games list!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 11:19 AM
That's weird, I logged in and it simply changed the name to "Star Trek Online", taking off the beta, and it was still on the list.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 12:03 PM
Same thing happened to me. Figured it would update from saying "- BETA" to just "Star Trek Online" overnight. But game is gone from the my games tab. Also, anyone have a ilnk to the instructions for claiming pre-order items? Can't seem to locate it today. My brain is only functioning at half capacity today because of illness.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Hi

Fired up Steam this evening and STO is not on my Steam games list.
All of the game files are there though and I can run the game and log in.
Can't get my CD key though, as you have to get that by right clicking the game in the games list!
You will have to contact Valve support. We don't have any more access to the internals of Steam than you guys do >_<
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2010, 12:22 PM
It renamed mine and placed it in the games tab, I had to refavorite it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-02-2010, 01:44 PM
Came back on it's own after about an hour.
Now showing the retail CD key, so I guess they were updating something at thier end.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-03-2010, 06:09 AM
Found an article on the Steam support forums. If it really is gone from your "My Games" tab and not hiding below your favorites, you might want to make sure your firewall and/or AV programs have exceptions for Steam and possibly the game/launcher utility. Got mine to come back that way and now have my pre-order item.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-03-2010, 06:33 AM
Hey guys...i am one of the poeple who had a problem with steam re-downloading the beta for Head Start. To solve it i removed STO from the steam directory and play it fine.

Now Steam is trying to DL the Retail Game (which makes no sense becasue its the same files, as we've been told). Well i copied my retail key and went to my STO account page, but it will not let me activate it. I put a ticket in for this with STO but still no reply. ( by not letting me activate, i mean my Dashboard has no button to add account keys for some reason)

When i try to activate the Retail CD key on steam, the Steam link to STO is not accessable (as it is not highlited for me to click) and it will not allow me to reg. my STO retail copy.

Can anyone shed any light...i tried searching for this exact problem in the forums but my time is limited and i am getting ready for work right now.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-03-2010, 06:37 AM
btw.. if the game is not on ur steam gamelist just restart steam.. it will be there..