Lt. Commander
# 1 Training an Officer Yourself?
02-02-2010, 11:20 AM
OK I rolled a Science officer and I have placed 9 ranks into a skill called Scientist, which when is maxed out supposedly gives me the ability to train an officer in Science Team III. However I cannot figure out how the hell I am supossed to do this.

I have looked on my character sheet and both my Train Officer and the LC Science Officer's Train tab. I have tried both on the ground and in space but in both cases the button remains greyed out. Any help will be appriciated!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 02:12 PM
i could really use some help with this...very frusterating,
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 02:16 PM
Sorry bud, it was frustrating to figure out in the Open Beta too. I was not able to get to a high enough level myself, but how it was explained to me (and the info is there in game with the Benzite Cmdr on Spacedock too, if you read between some lines) is that you have to be at a certain level and then your BO has to be at a certain level, and then you have to have the ability to train a skill.

For example - you want to train Science Team III. You will need to be a Cmdr in rank. This is because your BO will need to be a Lt. Cmdr. in rank. The Tier III abilities all require a Lt. Cmdr. skill slot (or at least, I believe they do - more powerful ones might require the BO's Cmdr skill slot). Now even if you have early access to that skill to train, the option to train will not show up until all the criteria is met. Once it has, a little button saying "Train" should show up under the BO's status page.

Hope that helps.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 02:29 PM
^^ what he said. It's all based on your rank, the BO rank, etc. They'll "ungrey" and become usable when the all of the ranks are reached, promoted, etc.
/B2
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2010, 03:45 PM
wierd cause im a Commander 3 now and my science officer is LT Cmd so idk whats going on.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-02-2010, 03:59 PM
I've found you can only train your officers when in ground mode. If you're in space, go to your bridge, and you should be able to train them.