Lt. Commander
# 1 Memory Alpha: huh?
02-02-2010, 11:26 AM
Okay, this has got me really frustrated. I take some bio samples from Egg at Earth Spacedock and give them to Commander Romaine at Memory Alpha. Then she says gather more samples and she'll take them. But she doesn't take them. I can't deposit my samples anywhere. No other scientists will talk to me. Where do I deposit more samples?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 12:20 PM
It is very easy to miss. If you are standing in front of her, turn directly around and slightly to your left you will see a small console, the same color as the environment around it. Walk up to it and deposit the samples.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 12:23 PM
dont feel bad.. i was stuck in the same spot.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 12:33 PM
not happy with this Economic system. I have a very limited "storage" and these things take up like 8-12 slots (about 1/4 of my storage), then tack on the medical supplies and food etc.. soon I have less then half my storage for loot. I must admit I'm not far enough in the game to know if i can get more or? but right now haveing the samples take up 1/4 of my slots is not good. Also flying around for 10 minutes in every system once its cleared to get 3 samples is not cool either. Like the game, but this gathering thing is not "fun" in any way IMHO.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2010, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanzo View Post
It is very easy to miss. If you are standing in front of her, turn directly around and slightly to your left you will see a small console, the same color as the environment around it. Walk up to it and deposit the samples.
i think he allready did that....
this console is only for the first time when you have the quest.
but after that you have to use that *store*
no idea how to progress to the other NPC's though.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-02-2010, 12:42 PM
Also be aware that when you turn in mats for an upgraded item, one of the mats will be something like a phaser, a hypo-spray, a phaser array, etc.. I missed that the 1st time.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-02-2010, 12:46 PM
Brief Summary:

In the quest:
Get sample from Egg
Talk to woman at Memory Alpha, she tells you to deposit it
Deposit it using the console just by her (may be behind you)

For Future MA Turn-ins:
Talk to her and use her store. Remember, you're "Upgrading" things so you will need one of those things (Hypospray, etc) to upgrade as well as the mats.
To progress to the other NPCs in Memory Alpha you need to "Spend Enough" with the first woman.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-02-2010, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keo
Brief Summary:

In the quest:
Get sample from Egg
Talk to woman at Memory Alpha, she tells you to deposit it
Deposit it using the console just by her (may be behind you)

For Future MA Turn-ins:
Talk to her and use her store. Remember, you're "Upgrading" things so you will need one of those things (Hypospray, etc) to upgrade as well as the mats.
To progress to the other NPCs in Memory Alpha you need to "Spend Enough" with the first woman.
Great,thanks. Does anyone know how to unlock the other scientists?
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-02-2010, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by axar1 View Post
Great,thanks. Does anyone know how to unlock the other scientists?
As I said above, you have to "spend enough" with the previous ones. They haven't yet said how much this is (any devs watching it'd be nice to be able to have a visual indication for this).
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-02-2010, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyyank View Post
Okay, this has got me really frustrated. I take some bio samples from Egg at Earth Spacedock and give them to Commander Romaine at Memory Alpha. Then she says gather more samples and she'll take them. But she doesn't take them. I can't deposit my samples anywhere. No other scientists will talk to me. Where do I deposit more samples?
Bingo, it's tricky. Found the deposit point in OB. But after that...still haven't figure out how to get the ball rolling further at MA.