Rihannsu
# 1 Is it a trap?
01-20-2014, 04:39 PM
I have been in this fleet for quite some time and I am of the second rank in a chain of 4 and I have contributed quite a lot recently as I now have over 100k Fcred.I get access to the Fleet store in the rank above me but i don't know when that will be or if it is reasonable, here is part of the fleet description.

fleet rank's in accordance of contributions:
0k 1st rank (I will spare you all the names)
100k 2nd rank (my current rank I received way before I acquired 100k fcreds)
200k 3rd rank (goal)
1m+ 4th rank

What do you think "K" is thousand? k what? Fcredits,lifetime Fcreds,sexual favors,other...
This fleet is rank 11 and seems legit but if you think its not tell me so I can ditch them.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-20-2014, 04:40 PM
Only Admiral Ackbar knows for sure.
Career Officer
# 3
01-20-2014, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by forecaster17 View Post
I have been in this fleet for quite some time and I am of the second rank in a chain of 4 and I have contributed quite a lot recently as I now have over 100k Fcred.I get access to the Fleet store in the rank above me but i don't know when that will be or if it is reasonable, here is part of the fleet description.

200k 3rd rank (goal)
1m+ 4th rank

What do you think "K" is thousand? k what? Fcredits,lifetime Fcreds,sexual favors,other...
This fleet is rank 11 and seems legit but if you think its not tell me so I can ditch them.
1k is 1,000 as 100k is 100,000. k - is "kilo" in a metric prefix and it usually has "meter" on the end, in the short version it means 1000 as 1km is 1000 meters. its used these days to shorten number values.

it would depend how many are in the fleet, how helpful they are and if you can get some help from them, what they expect off your regularly and any events they may want you to join if any at all. number 1 rule in my book about these clans/guilds/fleets or whatever the hell the name is, if a fleet just wants you for your resources and nothing more, it wouldnt be a good idea to stick around because to this fleet your just another source to bleed dry and when your time is done they can kick you anyways.
T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW. Been around since Dec 2010 and LTS in Apr 2013.
Quote:
The highest possible stage in moral culture is when we recognize that we ought to control our thoughts.
- Charles Darwin.
Does he have a point on STO forums? makes you wonder, huh?
Commander
# 4
01-20-2014, 04:58 PM
Well the first thing I would recommend is that questions about your Fleet would best be directed to the Fleet leadership. If you email/message/contact Fleets Leader(s) and receive no response then you have your answer right there. But noone else is going to be able to tell you anything about your Fleet unless they are a part of the same Fleet or at least know something about the specific Fleet you're in. I've been in good fleets and bad but you haven't provided sufficient information to even BEGIN knowing anything about the Fleet you're in. Start by addressing questions and concerns to the Fleet leadership and go from there.
ZOE: "Sir! You paid money for this?... on purpose??"

KIRK: "Excuse me... what does God need with a starship?"
Rihannsu
# 5
01-20-2014, 05:03 PM
He did give away a jem dreadnought cruiser during an event not to long ago (Supposedly)
Career Officer
# 6
01-20-2014, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lomax6996 View Post
Well the first thing I would recommend is that questions about your Fleet would best be directed to the Fleet leadership. If you email/message/contact Fleets Leader(s) and receive no response then you have your answer right there. But noone else is going to be able to tell you anything about your Fleet unless they are a part of the same Fleet or at least know something about the specific Fleet you're in. I've been in good fleets and bad but you haven't provided sufficient information to even BEGIN knowing anything about the Fleet you're in. Start by addressing questions and concerns to the Fleet leadership and go from there.
even if you got an answer, the context of the reply not forthcoming to the way you like, is also not a good sign, you could let it slide the first time out and try again and if it dont work the second time, either way it would be clear you and the fleet leader do not see eye to eye on the issue you may have and could easily lead to worse.
T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW. Been around since Dec 2010 and LTS in Apr 2013.
Quote:
The highest possible stage in moral culture is when we recognize that we ought to control our thoughts.
- Charles Darwin.
Does he have a point on STO forums? makes you wonder, huh?
Captain
# 7
01-20-2014, 05:33 PM
Sounds pretty unfair to me. I can see sticking around if it's a t5 fleet, otherwise I would go somewhere more accommodating to its members.

1m for full access rights...bah
Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
Career Officer
# 8
01-20-2014, 05:49 PM
Aren't fleet politics a no-no in discussion? I mean, people run them differently, depending on the size and type of fleet. It isn't like policing everyone would do any good.

Sorry to bring it up, but this was discussed ad naseum with the fleet system was introduced. If you don't like the way your fleet is being run, the best (and easiest) thing to do is leave and find a new one.

Just saying.
>{Andoria}<->{Vulcan}<->{Risa}<->{Defera}<->{Starfleet Academy}<->{Holodecks/Holosuites}<->{Star Clusters}<->{Exploration, Part I NEW!}<->{Other Risa}<->{faiL}<
Captain
# 9
01-20-2014, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahminus View Post
Sounds pretty unfair to me. I can see sticking around if it's a t5 fleet, otherwise I would go somewhere more accommodating to its members...
1m for full access rights...bah
Actually, they said 200k gives them rights. Rank 11? What is that, T4 Shipyard? I'd say follow the advice of contacting fleet leadership and see what they say. If you decide to stay, start donating, you'll have the FCs to spend by the time you get permission to do it.

My fleet? I just quietly kept plugging away at donating. Last month, they ran a contest, who could donate the most to projects. I was ahead of the game to start, took 2nd without even trying. Won a D'Kora.
Captain
# 10
01-20-2014, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by forecaster17 View Post

200k 3rd rank (goal)
1m+ 4th rank

"K" is thousand, so 100,000.... it would be Lifetime Fleet Credits (that is the Credits you earned in that fleet from contributions, not necessarily your fleet credit balance, as that goes with you, and you can spend it, which decreases the balance but not your "lifetime fleet credits" with that fleet). You can see your lifetime contribution to that fleet from the roster, the dropdown in the last collumn allows you to see lifetime fleet credits number.