Lt. Commander
HI

Was just wondering if anyone at Cryptic can give some info on the Ferengi character and its future???

My point is:

Ferengi is generally seen as traders, merchants, all about gold-pressed Latinum, schemes, latinum, business, Latinum, gambling, Latinum....well you get the idea

However there is nothing in the game that validate the presence of a Ferengi character. I can only chose between tactical, science and engineer...no merchant, businessman. There is no crafting system to get a booming business going. I can not open a bar on "Deep Space 4.000.000.000".

So why a Ferengi character??? do you plan to integrate crafting system, etc for true Ferengi's out there???
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 12:00 PM
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 12:00 PM
Ferengis make good tac and eng officers, dont know what there racial bonus is... dabo girls maybe?
Lt. Commander
# 4 Ferengi character
02-02-2010, 12:03 PM
My guess is you didn't read the road to 2409 explains a lot of back story, you do know at the end of DS9 Rom is made grand negus and ferengi empire is nothing like it used to be since they are moving to a more fair economic system, it stands to reason more ferengi would join starfleet.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2010, 12:04 PM
I would like an option to make my ferengi girl naked. >.> NO not really... I dont think they are attractive really.

That would be funny, a male ferengi captain with an all female naked crew. xD
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-02-2010, 12:08 PM
The Ferengi race was changing quite a bit by the end of DS9. While there were certainly those who were greedy, loathsome "traders", there were movements towards other ways. With Rom being named their leader.. who knows what has happened culturally.

There were also times we saw Ferengi in Starfleet. Besides the obvious example of Nog, one future scene from an episode showed a Ferengi at the helm of a ship-- the Enterprise, in fact, I think.

At the very least, think of it like this:
Those who fail at the Rules of Acquisition... join Starfleet.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-02-2010, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thuz
And if you look into the DS9 novels that continue the story past the end of the series you'll also find that he is now Lieutennant Nog & has Miles O'Brien's old job (Chief of Operations on DS9 and Chief Engineer of the Defiant).
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-02-2010, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling
a male ferengi captain with an all female naked crew. xD
yeeew Aisling, that's sick... But it's within the rules of acquisition : don't miss on profit, cargo and services. Te oldest business of this quadran. :p
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-02-2010, 12:17 PM
Heh, I know about Nog, I just thought it would be great to be able to play a trader/merchant and thus have a crafting sytem in the game. Ferengi is such an obvious choice for that type of profession. So many possibilities...

Not everything in this game have to be about killing
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-02-2010, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keo
And if you look into the DS9 novels that continue the story past the end of the series you'll also find that he is now Lieutennant Nog & has Miles O'Brien's old job (Chief of Operations on DS9 and Chief Engineer of the Defiant).
He was actually promoted to Lieutenant before the end of the show, I believe.