Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11 Good ol' cryptic
02-02-2010, 02:27 PM
I have both a liberated borg captain (lifetime sub) and a borg bridge officer through Amazon. I was able to create the captain on the first day of headstart and it had the abilities that are described under the STO pre-order FAQ page for the borg bridge officer (nanites, efficient, etc).

When I was finally able to get the borg bridge officer today, it was (as several of you have already described) just an engineering officer with skills that seem like you could find on any other engineering officer. I was able to customize it just fine. I too ordered from amazon as 1) it had the lowest price and 2) it seemed like the borg bridge officer would be the best pre-order bonus (in terms of long term use). However, now, it seems like it was purely cosmetic with no differentiation between it and a regular engineering officer.

It really looks like cyrptic is doing their nice little trick of not giving all of the information out. I've loved the game, not too happy with the lack of communication (or lack of accurate communication) from the developer.

Oh well. Do I regret getting my order through amazon? No. Looking at everything else, I still stand by my decision that this was probably one of the better pre-order bonuses to get (joined trill is probably the best but oh well).

On the plus side, it is kind of cool having two borg in my bridge team (captain + officer). Now, if they would only fix the bug of only allowing humans to wear the bonus uniforms...
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-02-2010, 02:56 PM
not in the slightest have submitted ticket waiting for response
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-02-2010, 02:56 PM
The Borg BO at least has 2 Level III Skills in the last boxes which you can't train as a non engineer.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-02-2010, 02:57 PM
How to you get/claim/activate your Borg Bridge Officer?

I Pre-ordered the Collectors Edition from Amazon - Activated Retail key and only thing I got was the Red Matter Capacitor and the 'Original Enterprise Ship'?!?!.

grrrr
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-02-2010, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erickh
How to you get/claim/activate your Borg Bridge Officer?

I Pre-ordered the Collectors Edition from Amazon - Activated Retail key and only thing I got was the Red Matter Capacitor and the 'Original Enterprise Ship'?!?!.

grrrr
Looks like you are part of the pre-order mix-up crowd. Instead of the Borg BO, you got the Original Enterprise. Will have to talk to Cryptic support to get it straightened out.

BTW, my unlocks area has an item for a Klingon Bridge Officer...but when I check the description it has in red letters "RESTRICTED FROM THIS CHARACTER"...just another glitch?
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-02-2010, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by otakuon View Post
Looks like you are part of the pre-order mix-up crowd. Instead of the Borg BO, you got the Original Enterprise. Will have to talk to Cryptic support to get it straightened out.

BTW, my unlocks area has an item for a Klingon Bridge Officer...but when I check the description it has in red letters "RESTRICTED FROM THIS CHARACTER"...just another glitch?
It's a Klingon Borg Bridge Officer specifically, for use on your Klingon faction characters.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-02-2010, 03:25 PM
I'll quote the hover over text from the Amazon "Borg Bridge Officer" text on the retail page (http://www.startrekonline.com/retail):

"The Borg Bridge Officer features a unique costume and three unique skills: Nano Probes, Efficiency, and Borg Neural Blast"

Currently the Borg Brdge Officer I received from the Amazon purchase through the C-Store has

Space Skills: Emergency Power to Shields, Engineering Team II, Directed Energy Modulation II, Aceton Field III

and

Ground Skills: Shield Recharge, Weapons Malfunction II, Shield Generator II, and Reroute Power to Shields III.

Simply put this is not what we pre-ordered. Can we please get this resolved?

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-02-2010, 03:51 PM
Well, I noticed the odd lack of general traits... but i rfigure that could just be due to some backend UI stuff that needs being straightened out.

Wha I'm personally wondering about is why my Borg BOFF is not showing up on the bridge of my ship. I shuffled bridge stations around... and no dice. She's not there.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-02-2010, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigduckie
not in the slightest have submitted ticket waiting for response
If it's not much trouble , could you inform us about Cryptic's response when that happens?

Thanks for posting
Lt. Commander
# 20 2010.02.02 [-A-] Perk Swap
02-02-2010, 03:52 PM
[ RESPONSE ]
erickh

Email davidbest about your situation... seems to be in the opposite court. Not sure if anything can be done about it, but maybe worth an effort.