Lt. Commander
Just so you paypal subscribers are aware, you will be charged $1 immediately to setup your account.

I'm annoyed that it wasn't clearly stated they were going to charge me before I got to paypal, even if it was only $1. And this kind of flies in the face of the free month. So, if Cryptic can be so kind, will we be getting a $1 credit on the following month's sub charge?

Thanks.

PS: Again, I know it's only a dollar.. but it's MY f'ing dollar, so **** off trolls.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thuz
THyRoID, that's simply a verification charge, it's a temporary authorisation that just says "Yep, this account/credit card is valid"

It won't reach past the "Authorisation To" stage in Paypal, and in 5 business days, it'll drop back into your available credit on your account
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 11:05 AM
Paypal does that to verify your checking account. It's not really a charge, so much as a temporary hold on the $1. It gets reimbursed when you verify your account.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 11:06 AM
Oh noes! I was charged $239 for mine!
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 11:07 AM
how can so many trekkies just completely Fail at the internets.

interesting forum day
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2010, 11:08 AM
if your a verified member you shouldn't get that charge as it's a one off. if your account isn't verified then yeh they take 1/$1 or whatever your currency is, to check your account can accept direct debits etc. pay pal will refund your $1 though.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-02-2010, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by THyRoID View Post
Just so you paypal subscribers are aware, you will be charged $1 immediately to setup your account.

I'm annoyed that it wasn't clearly stated they were going to charge me before I got to paypal, even if it was only $1. And this kind of flies in the face of the free month. So, if Cryptic can be so kind, will we be getting a $1 credit on the following month's sub charge?

Thanks.

PS: Again, I know it's only a dollar.. but it's MY f'ing dollar, so **** off trolls.
umm calm down . Cryptic doesn't own PayPal, also did you red the contract with paypal because I believe it states that there is a charge for setting up the account. ( double checking haven't used paypal in years. )
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-02-2010, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seyyal View Post

interesting forum day
tell me about it, I use to think I was in a higher Intelligence class when I called myself a trekkie. now I'm starting to wonder.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-02-2010, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seyyal View Post

interesting forum day
And at the english language.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-02-2010, 11:11 AM
$1.00, wow end of the world right there I tell you what.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-02-2010, 11:12 AM
The other nice bonus for this is that alot of credit card companies look for this sort of transaction for fraud and shut your CC down when it happens. I have had it twice when companies have verified my CC. Always a nice suprise the next time you go the pertol pumps or food shopping