Captain
# 21
01-21-2014, 04:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
Romulan ships clearly don't have enough wings.
The Ha'apax is certainly disadvantaged with its mere 4 wings...Romulans need a ship with 6 or 8!
Scims have like 12 when they are firing their lazor
Vice Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X || Vice Admiral Lyzara - I.R.W. DNT Omicron X
Vice Admiral Kailiana - R.R.W. DNT Theta X || Vice Admiral Talina - I.R.W. DNT Tau X
Vice Admiral Victoria - U.S.S. DNT Upsilon X || Lt. General Dannika - I.K.S. DNT Sigma X
Vice Admiral Shondra - R.R.W. DNT Alpha X || Lt. General Rosanna - I.K.S. DNT Iota X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===
Career Officer
# 22
01-21-2014, 05:39 AM
I agree. They desperately need some boost to hull repair (like the one that stacks, not the nerfed one) and damage. What's all that ctrh and ctrd good for if you don't do lots of damage? Also, some points in warp core proficiency, like +400, to compensate with the singularity loss would be nice.

Seriously, I bet that soon enough there will be some extra romulan boffs available at your friendly spire store, or whatever the next fleet thing will be. Ppl always need to be offered something better, like the lock box ships, now romulans, tomorrow who knows... Today something is slightly op, tomorrow there is something else, and that's how the money is made, lol.
Hear! Sons of Kahless
Hear! Daughters too.
The blood of battle washes clean.
The Warrior brave and true.
We fight, we love, and then we kill...
Captain
# 23
01-21-2014, 05:48 AM
Where's the console for a hull heal on hit like the valdore console? Cryptic are holding roms back by not giving us that console!!
------
It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
This is the last thing I will post.
Captain
# 24
01-21-2014, 05:51 AM
This is why I won't roll a Romulan, I'm just not good enough to make something useful out of any of those ridiculously underpowered Romulan ships.
Career Officer
# 25
01-21-2014, 06:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
Honestly, I would be ok with Romulans getting some not Battlecloaking ships that even have a warp core

Oh and a crew of hyper-mutated bipedal Epophs armed to the teeth like rabid Ewoks!

I'm thinkin' this! Just picture epoph-spawn-of-satan
Guessing you've not been to dyson sphere ground then.
Career Officer
# 26
01-21-2014, 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rylanadionysis View Post
Scims have like 12 when they are firing their lazor
Nah, those are just some ruffled feathers.
Captain
# 27
01-21-2014, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by newromulan1 View Post
Because the romulans are sneaky backstabers, every romulans ship should get the flanking bonus and it should be a 100% boost to damage. When they add the goatees, that should add a badassery bonus of 50% chance to placte - racial trait.
That might be the perfect solution. But flanking should also work on all 4 shield facings for romulans, or they never stand a chance against KDF or Fed characters....
Empire Veteran
# 28
01-21-2014, 10:45 AM
Romulan ships feel terrible without enough BOFF powers, they should have 5 Cmdr Uni slots

Captain
# 29
01-21-2014, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
Romulan ships feel terrible without enough BOFF powers, they should have 5 Cmdr Uni slots
And 5 engineering, science and tactical console slots, they need universal consoles to make up for their disadvantage.
------
It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
This is the last thing I will post.
Starfleet Veteran
# 30
01-21-2014, 05:37 PM
The tone of this thread seems quite serious I'd say
Nerf Klinks, Buff Rommies